05-13-15, 01:25 PM   #1
gumble85
A Defias Bandit
a couple of question

Hi all,

New member but a long time carbonite addon user since WotLK xpack infact. The question i have is...

1: I am finding the main map of blizzard's map when carbonite is enabled and either merged or not merged with blizzards maps. The blizzard map jumps all over the place to different regions/areas. Example. I am currently in orgrimmar near the flight path as we speak. I bring up the blizzard map by pressing L for my quest log and all of a sudden my cursor may be on my right of my wow client screen but if i move it even say 2 millimeter's or even try and zoom in or out of the blizzard map my area changes to sometimes northern barrens to uldum without needing to at worst i have been search for archeology nodes on my map for kalimdor and all of a sudden i move my mouse cursor or try and zoom in then it changes my region and area to western plaguelands or even cape of stranglethorn. It is become very frustrating, but being a computer knowledgeable person i troubleshoot the issue with no luck. I also unticked the merge carbonite and blizzard maps and it still only happens on the blizzard map via the quest log button L.

Any ideas or if the issue is being investigated already by another user? that is fine also.

I have a feeling something is conflicting badly to cause this, but the issue being. I have 97 addons for wow and most are active at all times, but this has been happening for months and as i said driving myself a bit insane too lol.

The only bit more time consuming trouble shooting i can do is disable all addons except for carbonite and manually turn each of them on one by one to see which conflicts with it.

But as soon as carbonite is disabled as an addon the blizzard map refuses to jump around like it would normally. So god knows to be honest. So confused at the moment.

Thanks again for your time and responses.

gumble85
05-13-15, 03:43 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So, what happens if you disable all of your addons except Carbonite. Try this as it is the only way to see if the problem is being caused by Carbonite.

If that stops the problem, then your trouble is obviously not being caused by Carbonite.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
05-13-15, 08:57 PM   #3
gumble85
A Defias Bandit
Ok. I turned everything off but carbonite and it stopped. Also when i re-enbaled all mods and loaded the mods i was using beforehand the problem with the blizzard map has disappeared as well. It's no longer jumping from region/area to region/area on the map. Hmmmm. Completely odd.

Typical computer stuff. it boggles my mind as to why these things happen lol.

Thanks for the help.
05-14-15, 07:42 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, I'm glad you got it fixed. A lot of problems can be "fixed" be just exiting the game and restarting it. It's like problems with your computer - you can fix a lot of little problems just by shutting it off and eating a snack (or whatever ), then restarting it. Yeah, weird.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » a couple of question