04-28-19, 03:47 PM   #1
Brkymrky
A Murloc Raider
how can I set a custom proc shape in masque?

hello all, I have a custom cooldown texture, masque shows it fine but the skin itself always hides most of the cooldown texture. I tested with different blendmode combinations, either they messed the skin or didn't work. for some reason if I change the blendmode for the skin to "add" the skin becomes transparent. I don't want that either. I also checked color settings, alpha was always set to 1.

please help, this issue is driving me nuts.

edit: to clarify, I want the cooldown (and pushed, checked and textures like those) texture to *always* stay on top, when it's displayed.

Last edited by Brkymrky : 04-29-19 at 05:47 AM.
04-28-19, 07:33 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's been quite a while since I have done anything with Masque, but, I think that has to be done in the Lua file for your skin. I would think that you could check on https://www.wowace.com/projects/masq...rojectID=13592 to make sure.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-28-19 at 07:35 PM. Reason: more blah blah blah.
04-29-19, 02:26 AM   #3
Brkymrky
A Murloc Raider
thank you kind sir. do you think contacting the author for help is a good idea?
04-29-19, 03:40 AM   #4
Brkymrky
A Murloc Raider
jeffy thanks to you I solved my issue. had a look at the config file (masque>core>button.lua), found this part:

---------------------------------------------
-- Button Skinning Function
---------------------------------------------

do
-- Hook to automatically adjust the button's additional frame levels.
local function Hook_SetFrameLevel(Button, Level)
local base = Level or Button:GetFrameLevel()
if base < 3 then base = 3 end
if Button.__MSQ_BaseFrame then
Button.__MSQ_BaseFrame:SetFrameLevel(base - 2)
end
if Button.__MSQ_Cooldown then
Button.__MSQ_Cooldown:SetFrameLevel(base - 1)
end
if Button.__MSQ_Shine then
Button.__MSQ_Shine:SetFrameLevel(base + 1)
end

below if Button.__MSQ_Cooldown then

there is Button.__MSQ_Cooldown:SetFrameLevel(base - 1)

changed (base - 1) to (base + 1) and it worked!

edit: instead of +1 I'm using +0 now. this way charge text doesn't stay under the cd texture.

Last edited by Brkymrky : 04-29-19 at 06:20 PM.
04-29-19, 05:32 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I am glad to hear that you got it working, and that I helped you out a little bit, but remember: any updates to Masque will probably overwrite your changes, and you'll have to change it again.

I don't understand why you have the problem, though. I found that most of the problems with a skins layers is, apparently, because of the way the Lua file is written. WoW apparently has a problem with skins if the Lua file is not written in the right order. All of the problems with my skins disappeared when I rearranged the order in which I'd written them. But, I could always be wrong about that. See signature........

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
04-29-19, 05:46 AM   #6
Brkymrky
A Murloc Raider
don't want to create another thread so changed the title... anyone knows how can I set a custom proc shape? like diamond or hexagon?
04-29-19, 06:29 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't believe that can be done with Masque. Maybe something like WeakAura's???

04-29-19, 08:16 AM   #8
Brkymrky
A Murloc Raider
when tinkering with the settings of skins I noticed that if I change "shape" the proc texture also changes, but it only works for square and circle.

Shape = "Square", >>>>> Shape = "Circle",

if I do that for example proc texture becomes circular. tried it with hexagon, hexagonal and diamond. none of them worked. another option is completely disabling it and using another addon for action bar proc display I guess.

if you don't mind I'd like to ask another small question, there is a... flashing texture when a skill completes its cooldown. don't know how to describe it, it's like a small star. it has a square shape. how I can make it circular as well? what's its name in masque?

edit: its called "bling". I'll do more research, hope I can find a way to change

edit2: found a way to disable it as it clashes my textures

hooksecurefunc(getmetatable(CreateFrame('cooldown')).__index, 'SetCooldown', function(self)
self:SetDrawBling(false)
end)

paste it into addon

Last edited by Brkymrky : 04-29-19 at 12:05 PM.
04-29-19, 05:51 PM   #9
Brkymrky
A Murloc Raider
hehehe found how to change the proc texture as well

you'll see these in button.lua

local UpdateSpellAlert

do
local Alerts = {
Square = {
Glow = "Interface\\SpellActivationOverlay\\IconAlert",
Ants = "Interface\\SpellActivationOverlay\\IconAlertAnts",
},
Circle = {
Glow = "Interface\\AddOns\\Masque\\Textures\\IconAlert-Circle",
Ants = "Interface\\AddOns\\Masque\\Textures\\IconAlertAnts-Circle",
},

define a name you want, then in the masque skin (go to the that skin's folder and edit main.lua) put that name in "shape" part. you'll have to use a texture with similar pattern. don't forget to put the correct file location.

edit: in case it wasn't clear here is an example for diamond:

Diamond= {
Glow = "Path to glow texture",
Ants = "Path to ants texture",
},

glow texture is self explanatory. ants texture is the moving parts if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by Brkymrky : 04-30-19 at 02:48 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » how can I set a custom proc shape in masque?