11-13-08, 03:11 AM   #1
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My computer hates me.

Its true. Its out to get me.

During BC it wouldnt patch for well over 24 hours. Although my wife was able to and i tripled my router settings to make sure everything was fine.

This year i get back from the store and my dvd drive dies and wont read.

Its a conspiracy i tell ya.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
11-13-08, 04:38 AM   #2
kinkyafro
An Aku'mai Servant
Copy your wife's WoW folder! (If she's installed the xpac).. as long as you upgrade your account it'll be fine.
11-13-08, 04:40 AM   #3
larkrune
A Murloc Raider
I commiserate w/ you... my last computer was a laptop that had a motherboard go south... And it's replacement was a desktop w/ vista (due to money constraints at the time ) Unfortunately the problem w/ a desktop, besides the vista on it, is that my only internet access on it is a 28k dialup connection, lol. Just imagine the horror of the 2.4-3.0 update
11-13-08, 12:27 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

We went super cheesy and just networked her dvd drive and i installed from her machine. there is much happiness in the land.

Eek patching on a 28k must have been hell.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
11-13-08, 01:56 PM   #5
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Glad to see you got it installed MidgetMage. I was in line this morning for my copy, but had to go to work for a few hours... installing now...

I seriously think I would /wrists if I had to patch or download anything bigger than an mp3 on dialup. The BBS days were good days, but 10MBps connection are FTW

11-14-08, 10:07 PM   #6
larkrune
A Murloc Raider
well, after a week, i had about 350mb of the download it's not usually to bad, and at least i can still function in wow... mostly... before BC i got stranded in org quite often when i'd forget and click that fp

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » My computer hates me.