08-13-09, 11:06 AM   #1
Becvar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
resizing for dual-monitor

I use 2 monitors, with the viewport reduced to keep the playable area of wow on one monitor, with the remainder black (typically for inventory, quest tracking, atlasloot display, etc. The resolution selected ingame is NOT the resolution of my display as a result (game selects 800x600, while I'm actually running a playable area of 1440x900 and a total wow window of 2480x900.) Is there a way to change the nUI display to conform to the shape (1.6 aspect widescreen) of the main monitor ONLY?

08-13-09, 11:12 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I doubt it with the current setup but Scott will be able to confirm that. I would assume that no addons can assume the monitor setup only the in game graphics display ( assuming those values are publicly available ). Like all addons nUI doesn't have access to information outside of the information that blizzard gives us via the WOW API.

08-13-09, 11:18 AM   #3
Becvar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
/cry I have been looking all over for a good all in one addon or package that will give me a bottom "bar" like what nUI and others give, but after using all the addons I have over the last few years, I was hoping to finally find one that didn't require me to spend 3 hours configuring everything. Have you thought about trying to implement a display area functionality like CT_Viewport? That's what I use to reduce my playable area to one screen, and it seems like it would allow what I'm looking for in nUI if integrated. Unfortunately, it doesn't affect nUI itself, only the Blizz viewable area.

08-13-09, 11:31 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, assuming CT_Viewport is a full wow addon and the functions are still available ( I assume its an outdated addon now ), then it sounds like its something possible although no guarantees it will work with nUI, and seeing as Scott is currently trying to work on version 6.0 amongst other things maybe he will be able see a workable solution.

08-13-09, 12:26 PM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah -- I suspect that's a no-go with the current nUI design... however, I can look into adding that as a support feature going forward in nUI 6.0

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-13-09, 01:27 PM   #6
Becvar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That would be awesome, I know a lot of people using dual monitors, and while it's not something everybody's doing, with monitors getting cheaper and graphics cards coming with native 2-3 monitor support, having the ability to resize the view area without complete reliance on the screen resolution would be a great feature.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » resizing for dual-monitor