12-24-13, 02:29 PM   #3261
iamslay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

hi nib, happy holidays!

i updated to the latest version of dbm sometime in the last week or so, and now the dbm timer bars are all weird (instead of being slim, they're thick). dbm itself seems to work fine, it's just this small aesthetic issue. i know dbm isn't really part of your thing but i've been using the .lua included in the realui package for a long time now and i was wondering if this latest update broke something.

thank you, as always, for all your hard work and i hope you have a fantastic new year!

12-24-13, 05:17 PM   #3262
timtag1190
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by iamslay View Post
hi nib, happy holidays!

i updated to the latest version of dbm sometime in the last week or so, and now the dbm timer bars are all weird (instead of being slim, they're thick). dbm itself seems to work fine, it's just this small aesthetic issue. i know dbm isn't really part of your thing but i've been using the .lua included in the realui package for a long time now and i was wondering if this latest update broke something.

thank you, as always, for all your hard work and i hope you have a fantastic new year!
yea it broke on me as well, so seems to be something changed within the latest version of DBM/realui that messed up the bars as it was fine before I updated. mine kept on overlapping/going between thick and thin and was just getting very annoying to use so I ended up having to switch over to bigwigs for the time being since VEM doesn't even work currently as well(not a problem with realui it just doesn't wanna work).

12-25-13, 01:49 PM   #3263
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by timtag1190 View Post
yea it broke on me as well, so seems to be something changed within the latest version of DBM/realui that messed up the bars as it was fine before I updated. mine kept on overlapping/going between thick and thin and was just getting very annoying to use so I ended up having to switch over to bigwigs for the time being since VEM doesn't even work currently as well(not a problem with realui it just doesn't wanna work).
Will be looking into this when I get some spare time

12-25-13, 03:26 PM   #3264
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm using these settings for DBM (for the meantime)...

Bar setup:
Bar Height: 10

Small Bar Option:
Offset Y: 25
Huge Bar Option:
Offset Y: 25

-- or play around with the values to your preference

12-25-13, 08:21 PM   #3265
noelove
A Murloc Raider
Love Love LOVE RealUI. I've been using it for a several years. Recently, after the latest update I think I may have discovered a minor bug. Its not game breaking but I thought it might be worth reporting.

I run a mid-2011 iMac with Maverick. I found that when I update RealUI, everything (including the 4 or 5 non-RealUI addons) update correctly. However, it appears that something got mixed up regarding the nameplate display.

My experience was:
NPC Names
Originally: Quest NPCs
After update: All NPCs

Titles
Originally: Checked
After update: Unchecked

Enemy Players
Originally: No pets, no Totems
After Update: Pets and Totems checked

I'm not sure if this was related to a Blizzard update of some kind, but I thought it was worth reporting in case it was a result of the RealUI update.

Thanks dude!
<3Noel

12-25-13, 10:56 PM   #3266
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by noelove View Post

I run a mid-2011 iMac with Maverick. I found that when I update RealUI, everything (including the 4 or 5 non-RealUI addons) update correctly. However, it appears that something got mixed up regarding the nameplate display. ...
I'm on Mavericks too. I don't see that problem but I'm guessing your settings might have been changed by another UI. Maybe you used a different UI before you did a RealUI update?

EDIT: Note too that if it's a major RealUI update, settings will be reset. These settings can be found in nibRealUI/Core/Settings.lua (starting at line 21)

Last edited by Anj : 12-25-13 at 11:09 PM. Reason: added cvar info

12-27-13, 12:09 AM   #3267
bullet_101
A Murloc Raider
Is there an option for a GCD bar/cast bar in real ui? I looked through the options and couldn't find anything

12-27-13, 08:35 AM   #3268
Greevir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
If I was to remove cargBags_Nivaya and replace it with another bag mod, what kind of issues would I run into if any? Also, is there any way I can have grid2 hide during pet battles?

12-27-13, 11:51 AM   #3269
Peerly
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
If I was to remove cargBags_Nivaya and replace it with another bag mod, what kind of issues would I run into if any? Also, is there any way I can have grid2 hide during pet battles?
I replace carg_Bags with Adibags and have no issues. The addon is only a reskin (+ a few other features) of the bags. It won't break at all if you replace it. You'll need to play with the look a bit to make it match the rest of the UI if that's a care, but no worries, you'll be fine.

12-27-13, 08:18 PM   #3270
neov
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
bags

I'm curious what you can do with AdiBags that you can't do with Carg Bags?

12-28-13, 06:04 PM   #3271
nukeum
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Missing Icons Inc Carg Bag

Is anyone else missing Icons (they just show up as Black Squares) in their bags? I have several toons with this behavior and I am not sure what is going on, it is a fresh install of 8.0 R27. can hover over the Black spaces to see what is in that slot, sometimes a /RL will work sometimes not

Any Ideas?

-Nukeum

12-28-13, 07:39 PM   #3272
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by nukeum View Post
Is anyone else missing Icons (they just show up as Black Squares) in their bags? I have several toons with this behavior and I am not sure what is going on, it is a fresh install of 8.0 R27. can hover over the Black spaces to see what is in that slot, sometimes a /RL will work sometimes not

Any Ideas?

-Nukeum
This can be caused by a corrupted cache. Exit WoW and delete your World of Warcraft\Cache folder.

12-30-13, 12:40 PM   #3273
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
I replace mine with bagnon and have no issues.

12-31-13, 02:32 AM   #3274
Banis
A Fallenroot Satyr
MSBT Fonts

Hello i have a little problem with MSBT Crit front, I chose pixel crit font but it only work if i make a reload ui, but after relog the font change back for the default font. Where can i fix this problem ?

12-31-13, 05:00 AM   #3275
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Banis View Post
Hello i have a little problem with MSBT Crit front, I chose pixel crit font but it only work if i make a reload ui, but after relog the font change back for the default font. Where can i fix this problem ?
There are fixes all over curse about this.
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mik-...le-text?page=3

12-31-13, 04:45 PM   #3276
Lasair
A Kobold Labourer
I've recently had to do a fresh install of WoW on my machine and have found some... difficulties. As mentioned earlier in the thread I'm having some problems with npc/player names showing correctly using the values I place in the interface, but the most irritating is the fact that my chatter settings don't seem to stick.

I've placed my chat windows in the center side by side (http://imgur.com/d4AApYo) but every relog/reload causes the text justification on the left window to reset. When I go into chatter settings it shows that it's still set correctly, but I have to choose another justification and the "right" again for it to show properly.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

01-01-14, 04:48 AM   #3277
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Kkthnx View Post
There are fixes all over curse about this.
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mik-...le-text?page=3
thank you, I was just about to ask about this too lol

01-01-14, 01:30 PM   #3278
Quingar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hello Nib,

I have a small question.

WHat is that thing on the left side of my screen under the mini map. I am using your latest Real UI version and I just spoted it. It looks like some kind of a transparency window but I can not remove it. I am trying to click on it and nothing.

Thank you for the answer and help how to remove it.

01-01-14, 06:34 PM   #3279
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Quingar View Post
Hello Nib,

I have a small question.

WHat is that thing on the left side of my screen under the mini map. I am using your latest Real UI version and I just spoted it. It looks like some kind of a transparency window but I can not remove it. I am trying to click on it and nothing.

Thank you for the answer and help how to remove it.
That is your raid manager window I do believe. do /fstack and hover over it.

01-02-14, 04:47 PM   #3280
nukeum
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
This can be caused by a corrupted cache. Exit WoW and delete your World of Warcraft\Cache folder.

Tried that didn't work (blank icons in cargbags) do I reset RealUI after i delete the Cache

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI