09-25-09, 07:14 PM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

position on map

the minimap or the map are stupid, one is to little and the other to big and need to press a button to see it. I just want a medium map or better a redimensionable map, with the dimensions i like, so i can see and fight etc too... A addon for that?

edit-found one, Alphamap, but cant drag the map on screen..., sure i have a addon fluid frames but i wanted to drag directly..
In Cartographer can too scale the map but the player arrow position is to little so we cant see the position...........

Last edited by xromania™ : 09-25-09 at 08:20 PM.
09-25-09, 08:31 PM   #2
Cowmonster
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try carbonite

Author of:
Equipped Average Item Level :: ExtraBar :: Killing Blow Emote :: RecordTip
09-26-09, 02:50 AM   #3
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Tried Shift-M ?
09-26-09, 05:34 AM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
the minimap or the map are stupid, one is to little and the other to big and need to press a button to see it. I just want a medium map or better a redimensionable map, with the dimensions i like, so i can see and fight etc too... A addon for that?

edit-found one, Alphamap, but cant drag the map on screen..., sure i have a addon fluid frames but i wanted to drag directly..
In Cartographer can too scale the map but the player arrow position is to little so we cant see the position...........
Mapster let's you scale the player arrow as well.
09-26-09, 06:14 AM   #5
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

yes i saw.
Carbonite is cool thx - you can directly drag and scale it without going in options and u can zoom with the scroll! - this have more than i need lol. But i need mapster too.

Now i see im in 2 custom chat channels with strange names like chrbzz, i did not created or joined these... dont know if is from these addons. Also very strange, i saw on map far away a guy, how is that posible? he wasnt in my guild or friend, but he is in a custom channel with me. We cant see other players on map - but is a addon who can make that posible?

Last edited by xromania™ : 09-30-09 at 12:31 PM.
09-26-09, 06:17 AM   #6
Cowmonster
A Cyclonian
yes i saw.
Carbonite have a cool option and is what i want thx, but i need mapster too.

Now i see im in 2 custom chat channels with strange names, i did not created or joined these... dont know if is from these addons. Also very strange, i saw on map far away a guy, how is that posible? he wasnt in my guild or friend, but he is in a custom channel with me. We cant see other players on map - but is a addon who can make that posible?
Carbonite is doing that it shows you other carbonite users on your map. It is all configurable.

Author of:
Equipped Average Item Level :: ExtraBar :: Killing Blow Emote :: RecordTip
09-26-09, 06:25 AM   #7
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

but the strange chat custom channels, next to general, trade etc? are channels with all guys from realm using carbonite?? there are pretty many guys. But typing /5 whre is the chanel and writing something - the text dont appear, cant speak there

Last edited by xromania™ : 09-28-09 at 11:02 AM.
09-30-09, 12:30 PM   #8
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

Bump?? what are these chanells with verry strange names, i hope arent alliens
09-30-09, 12:35 PM   #9
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

Bump?? what are these chanells with verry strange names, i hope arent alliens
These are channels created by addons to communicate with users of the same addon. You don't need (or want) to see that communication. Example (as stated above), carbonite uses a channel (or channels) to communicate with other carbonite users so you can see their locations on maps, when they level etc (all configurable).
09-30-09, 12:36 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes. I assume they're carbonite channels.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » position on map