03-12-06, 10:48 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Loz

Read your PMs sweetie.

/edit

This thread wasn't posted as an opportunity for people to start a huge guessing game.
This thread wasn't posted as an opportunity for people to start a huge flame war.

This thread was posted to give Loz a heads up that there is a PM I'd like him to read. That's it, that's all.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 03-12-06 at 08:42 PM.

03-12-06, 05:43 PM   #2
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I hope this doesn't become the permanent home of Loz and Discord. I know how hard you've been trying to get him to stay here and I hope he doesn't take you up on it...unless you're offering him a generous share of your ad revenue of course. I just don't see why all of Loz's hard work should become money in someone else's pocket.

03-12-06, 07:35 PM   #3
willgk
An Aku'mai Servant
Crash, you have to understand, there might be money involved from the ad's. But do you have any idea how ad systems even work, or for that matter how much bandwidth costs? Especially whenever your site is as popular as discordmods.com or wowinterface.com. I know back when i helped run deskmod.com which was the most popular windows application themeing and screenshot storage site the money just wasn't enough to barely even keep the thing afloat. I think Cairenn's generosity is genuine. Even saying that, Loz has been offered hosting by numerous people ad free, no strings attached on many occassions. I just hope his hard work isn't in vein. If people can't find his work then it's mostly for naught. Oh and just to poke some fun at Loz YOU ROCK! :P

03-12-06, 07:53 PM   #4
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
This site as ads?!

(/hugs AdBlock Fx Extension)

In seriousness, Willgk's right. Crash, until you realize what the real costs for hosting a popular site, you really can't discount attempts to gain even a little bit of that cost back. Just ask Dolby and Kudane how much it costs. They won't tell you directly, but knowing them personally, I know the pains they went through in getting EQInterface off the ground and branching out into the top interface sites for all major MMOs (EQII, EQ, WoW and Vanguard).

03-12-06, 08:33 PM   #5
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by willgk
Crash, you have to understand, there might be money involved from the ad's. But do you have any idea how ad systems even work, or for that matter how much bandwidth costs? Especially whenever your site is as popular as discordmods.com or wowinterface.com. I know back when i helped run deskmod.com which was the most popular windows application themeing and screenshot storage site the money just wasn't enough to barely even keep the thing afloat. I think Cairenn's generosity is genuine. Even saying that, Loz has been offered hosting by numerous people ad free, no strings attached on many occassions. I just hope his hard work isn't in vein. If people can't find his work then it's mostly for naught. Oh and just to poke some fun at Loz YOU ROCK! :P
They don't make much money off of ad revenue....they get more from other places (shouldn't be hard to guess) filtered through ogaming.

into the top interface sites
You could easily argue that WoWInterface.com isn't one of the "top"...well, considering there's 3 old hands at it (curse-gaming.com, ui.worldofwar.net, and wowinterface.com)...being that wowinterface is well behind curse and worldofwar just based on the number of mods hosted alone...And vginterface.com? There's nothing there - so how can it be the top? Top of the non-existent moddable UI files for Vanguard heap possibly. Sigil has been so tight-assed with Vanguard information, you can hear the whistle from a fart across the world...=/

Marth

Last edited by Marthisdil : 03-12-06 at 08:36 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Loz