12-29-12, 02:35 PM   #1
TGifallen
A Murloc Raider
Cross account bank addon and Item auction house category addon

I'm looking for two addons, One is an addon that shows items on other characters and their banks and gbanks that can work with bagnon or other combined addons like that, currently i'm using altoholic for this purpose and I love how it shows item amounts on different characters in the tool tip, so if the this other addon has that it would be even better for me.

Second is a simple addon that tells me the category and subcategory of an item.
12-29-12, 02:52 PM   #2
Ekaterina
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For the first: Bag Sync. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1-BagSync.html

Ekat.
12-29-12, 03:10 PM   #3
TGifallen
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Ekaterina View Post
Oh my god this is has exactly every feature of altoholic that I was using and no extra useless crap!
12-30-12, 06:32 AM   #4
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
BagSync is one genius addon I can no longer play without. I too used Altoholic for years untill I discovered BagSync a few months ago.
01-25-13, 06:48 PM   #5
TGifallen
A Murloc Raider
I hate to bump this thread but making another one seemed silly. I still need an addon that can show my item information (such as Auction category and subcategory, stacksize etc etc). Any help would be nice?
01-25-13, 09:22 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

The only ways to share addon settings/data between characters are:

(1) Use a symlink/junction to make both of your accounts' folders point to the same real folder:

Code:
cd "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\WTF"
mklink /j "654321#1" "123456#1"
... where 123456#1 is the name of your main account, and 654321#1 is the name of your secondary account. Exit WoW and delete the real folder for the secondary account before running this command. With this method, after it's set up, all settings for the game and all addons will be shared by both accounts, and you never have to do anything else. I'd suggest using this method, and used it myself when I had two active accounts.

The above commands are for Windows Vista or higher. If you're on Windows XP, you'll need to download the Junction utility from Microsoft (google "site:microsoft.com windows xp junction" to find it probably). For all versions of Windows, you can get to the command line console by pressing Win+R (or going to Start Menu > Run), typing "cmd", and pressing Enter. If you're on Mac or Linux, the procedure will obviously be different.

(2) Manually copy/paste the addon's saved variables file between accounts every time you switch accounts. With this method, you'll lose data if you ever log onto both accounts at the same time, and you'll lose data if you ever forget to copy the file before switching.

(3) Find/write an addon that syncs the data in-game over the addon communication channel. With this method, you have to tell the addon the names of all your alts on both accounts, and it only works if you always log into both accounts at the same time (otherwise the data for one account will be out of date when viewed from the other). Also, it requires a decent amount of code in the addon, and only works for that addon.
01-26-13, 03:39 PM   #7
TGifallen
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The only ways to share addon settings/data between characters are:

(1) Use a symlink/junction to make both of your accounts' folders point to the same real folder:

Code:
cd "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\WTF"
mklink /j "654321#1" "123456#1"
... where 123456#1 is the name of your main account, and 654321#1 is the name of your secondary account. Exit WoW and delete the real folder for the secondary account before running this command. With this method, after it's set up, all settings for the game and all addons will be shared by both accounts, and you never have to do anything else. I'd suggest using this method, and used it myself when I had two active accounts.

The above commands are for Windows Vista or higher. If you're on Windows XP, you'll need to download the Junction utility from Microsoft (google "site:microsoft.com windows xp junction" to find it probably). For all versions of Windows, you can get to the command line console by pressing Win+R (or going to Start Menu > Run), typing "cmd", and pressing Enter. If you're on Mac or Linux, the procedure will obviously be different.

(2) Manually copy/paste the addon's saved variables file between accounts every time you switch accounts. With this method, you'll lose data if you ever log onto both accounts at the same time, and you'll lose data if you ever forget to copy the file before switching.

(3) Find/write an addon that syncs the data in-game over the addon communication channel. With this method, you have to tell the addon the names of all your alts on both accounts, and it only works if you always log into both accounts at the same time (otherwise the data for one account will be out of date when viewed from the other). Also, it requires a decent amount of code in the addon, and only works for that addon.
Thanks for this but I think you misinterpreted my last post. I don't need to share information between acconts, just have it so I can look at an item and the tool tip tells me it's auction house category, subcategory and stacksize, the info from API_GetItemInfo
01-27-13, 12:44 AM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Code:
local function AddInfo(self)
	local name, link = self:GetItem()
	if not link then return end

local name, link, rarity, level, minLevel, type, subType, stackCount, equipLoc, texture, sellPrice = GetItemInfo(link)

if type then
		self:AddDoubleLine("Item Type:", type)
	end
	if subType then
		self:AddDoubleLine("Item Subtype:", subType)
	end
	if stackCount then
		self:AddDoubleLine("Stack Count:", stackCount)
	end

self:Show()
end

GameTooltip:HookScript("OnTooltipSetItem", AddInfo)
ItemRefTooltip:HookScript("OnTooltipSetItem", AddInfo)
If you need help turning the above code into an addon, copy and paste it into this page:
http://addon.ziuo.net/
01-29-13, 04:11 PM   #9
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
There is also tekkub's engravings, which does exactly that + more useful tooltip extra's.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Cross account bank addon and Item auction house category addon