09-13-13, 01:33 PM   #1
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Trade Skill Name Truncating

In the Blizzard TradeSkill Frame, a recipe like "Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Ornamented Headcover" is truncated to "Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Ornamented Hea..." so it fits in the width of the frame.

I want to do the same thing but I've studied Blizzard's code for a few hours and can't figure out where the magic happens. Can anyone help me figure it out? In what I have now (ATSW if you are curious), the name just runs off the end of the width that's allocated to it.

Brad

P.S. I was also unsuccessful in figuring out how to make that part of the frame wider. I'm definitely a novice when it comes to messing with the UI part of an addon. Most of mine use the chat frame and slash commands!

If there's someone interested in a "fan update" for ATSW and has the expertise to do the UI stuff, I'd be happy to turn this into a "fans update". I've got guild bank and sub headers (in cooking) working.
09-14-13, 07:18 AM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
For the automatic ellipsis, check here: http://www.wowwiki.com/UIOBJECT_FontString
09-14-13, 12:41 PM   #3
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Thank you!

That was exactly what I needed. Once I knew the "trick", it was easy to spot the difference between my code and the Blizzard code.

Rather than setting the left and right anchors, I found the ButtonText attribute wordwrap="false"

Code:
<ButtonText name="$parentText" inherits="GameFontNormal" justifyH="LEFT" wordwrap="false">

Last edited by bsmorgan : 09-14-13 at 12:47 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Trade Skill Name Truncating