01-30-06, 04:38 PM   #1
chippewa
A Fallenroot Satyr
Adding A Sound Effect ?

I recently tried the Necrosis Warlock UI mod. While I like the overall functionality of the mod, I dont really like the added graphics interface that it adds to the screen (My screen is cluttered enough already) and I personally dont need all of the functionality of this UI.

But I do like the added demonic voice sound effects that Necrosis plays when certain buffs & debuffs activate for Critical Damage, Enslave Demon, Shadowtrance and Expired Soul Stone.

I was wondering if someone could make a UI that just plays these sound effects without having the entire Necrosis UI?

Basically, I just want a UI that plays the Necrosis demonic voice soundfiles for Shadow Trance activating, Enslave/Banish Demon Expired and Soul Stone Expired.

(Or tell me how to code this)

Thanks!
02-01-06, 10:47 AM   #2
chippewa
A Fallenroot Satyr
In case anyone is interested I found these two mods that both do what I was looking for:

ChatSound
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=3905
This one is more elaborate and lets you enter multiple sounds as well as modify a text message that appears on the screen like with SCT.

NightfallProc
http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1873
This is a vanilla version for just one sound without the added on screen text.

All you have to do is change the LUA file and add your own sounds. To make it work for a buff/debuff you need to know exactly what text displays when that action is triggered since it uses the exact text to trigger the sounds.

I basically took the Shadowtrace voice sounds and plugged them into this UI it works great.

^^b

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Adding A Sound Effect ?