12-04-11, 10:53 PM   #1
sporta
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs down Looking for a replacement for FuBar

Hello, as the title says I am looking for a UI replacement for FuBar, any suggestions? Thanks,
12-04-11, 10:57 PM   #2
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sporta View Post
Hello, as the title says I am looking for a UI replacement for FuBar, any suggestions? Thanks,
You could try using DataBroker addons. You will need a DataBroker "container" like Bazooka, NinjaPanel or ChocolateBar.

But - one must ask - why is the reason you are seeking a replacement? To my knowledge Fubar still works fine, and you can host DataBroker plugins just fine.

I use ChocolateBar and DataBroker plugins myself, because I like to make the bars smaller and float them on the screen.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

12-05-11, 12:44 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I tried Bazooka and ended up not caring much for it. Chocolatebar seems to work really good for me. Give the ones Flarin suggested a try as I'm sure you'll like one of them.
12-05-11, 11:48 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I use DockingStation myself.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-06-11, 12:52 AM   #5
OmegaExtreme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Titan Panel the original and the best.
12-06-11, 09:41 AM   #6
Melikae
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by OmegaExtreme View Post
Switched to Fortress when the Titan Devs tried to stick to their old libraries instead of switching to LDB and never regretted it...
12-06-11, 12:09 PM   #7
Robsato
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Melikae View Post
when the Titan Devs tried to stick to their old libraries instead of switching to LDB and never regretted it...
Titanpanel already supports LDB addons for a very long time besides their own Titan specific plugins.
12-06-11, 01:34 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Does Titan predate Telo's Infobar?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-06-11, 10:54 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

Probably. Titan Panel was the second addon I ever installed (the first being some raid frame addon that predated CTRA).
12-06-11, 11:08 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I had Telo's installed before Titan. /shrug

12-06-11, 11:19 PM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Nope, Telo's was out first. But only by a matter of a couple days.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
12-07-11, 12:16 AM   #12
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

I miss http://www.wowinterface.com/download...InfoPanel.html - Aezay's addons were awesome - and his in game configurations were great.

I used this for the longest time until I needed more information and support for it started to die off.

12-07-11, 04:36 AM   #13
Necrophgst
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Docking Station is still my favorite LDB display addon by a long shot. Supremely configurable and easy to setup you can fairly easily get all your LDB 'applets' setup where you want, and how you want anywhere in your UI.
12-07-11, 04:42 AM   #14
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Necrophgst View Post
Docking Station is still my favorite LDB display addon by a long shot. Supremely configurable and easy to setup you can fairly easily get all your LDB 'applets' setup where you want, and how you want anywhere in your UI.
But it hasn't been updated in a year though - is it throwing errors in 4.3?

12-07-11, 11:45 AM   #15
Vrul
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
I haven't seen or heard of any errors.
12-07-11, 12:48 PM   #16
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

NinjaPanel is my broker display of choice.

Last edited by def9 : 12-07-11 at 12:48 PM. Reason: terrible spelling
12-07-11, 01:29 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
Nope. I probably would have mentioned that in recommending it myself.

12-13-11, 05:28 AM   #18
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Melikae View Post
Switched to Fortress when the Titan Devs tried to stick to their old libraries instead of switching to LDB and never regretted it...
Same here.
12-13-11, 08:17 PM   #19
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
but, but... This...
Originally Posted by Robsato View Post
Titanpanel already supports LDB addons for a very long time besides their own Titan specific plugins.

12-14-11, 10:01 AM   #20
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Robsato View Post
Well, Titan Panel is not a LDB display mod like the rest of the non-FuBar mods mentioned here. It does not support LDB mods natively. It just "converts" LDB plugins you install into a native format so it can display them similar to how the old Broker2FuBar did it for FuBar. It added this conversion ability when LDB plugins became ubiquitous.

With that comes overhead. More overhead when you include the native TitanPanel plugins (most all of which have LDB equivalents) that you personally may or may not want to use. Also, some LDB plugins may not display on it as well as you may get on a real LDB display mod. Like some people above, am not a fan of Titan sticking with their old display format and using a conversion process for LDB mods, instead of completely switching to LDB.

Recommendation for FuBar replacement: get a real LDB display mod and just the plugins you actually want to use with it. FuBar is totally obsolete & deprecated, won't be updated further & uses custom libraries that will never be updated (and use a fair bit of CPU time).

Some of the replacement suggestions above are great. For a bar-type display like FuBar was, Bazooka (my fav of this type), DockingStation or (if you want to go minimalistic) NinjaPanel are all good options.

For a "block" type LDB display mod (puts the mod feeds in their own resizable "blocks"), there is StatBlockCore (what I use), Fortress & Blockoland, among others.

And ButtonBin (sort of a customizable cross between a bar & block type display) and many others. So lots of choice for a real LDB display mod.

The next thing is the plugins. Best place to start is on WoWi here. Curse is another site for them. And finally WowAce is one of the "developer" sites of Curse, where you may find updated versions & unreleased plugins not on the main site yet.

If you have searched & searched and not found a replacement for one of your favorite old FuBar plugins yet that amazingly still works in WoW 4.3, ask here. If you stump the forum members here (highly unlikely), use FuBar2Broker to get that old plugin showing on a LDB display.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a replacement for FuBar