08-31-10, 12:20 PM   #3321
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I used to have a top panel, but I removed it because after moving the minimap down and enabling zone text on mouseover only it really served no purpose anymore.

Anyways, I went back to my previous xp/rep bar near the minimap, I still like that more.

It feels a bit too intrusive to have it at the bottom, plus it sort of kills the UI balance for me.

08-31-10, 01:02 PM   #3322
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I actually have the xp bar inside the minimap as those 3 pixels at the bottom are not very important for me :P

08-31-10, 01:07 PM   #3323
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I like to keep my minimap empty, the calendar text is only there because I really can't miss it.

08-31-10, 04:38 PM   #3324
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I'm pretty sure I had an exp/rep bar addon floating around on my HDD that simply replaced the experience bar with the reputation bar @max level. And put it on top of it, otherwise... However a rep bar isn't that necessary to see all the time, is it?
It can be! However, at max level the experience bar should be replaced by the reputation bar, when not at max level I'd make the reputation bar show when mousing over the experience bar unless you use that function for something else. If it's only a tooltip showing up, make that tooltip show both reputation and experience info.

08-31-10, 07:03 PM   #3325
Unkn
Premium Member

New WIP. Still have some tweaking to do. But I've got a good portion of it set up. I'm going to hide that top bar when the unit frames are hidden(eventually). Right now its still visible when everything else is not.

Most action bars are mouse over, or hide/show depending on combat condition.
Also I have grid set up b/t the unit frames for my heals and tank; it switches places with EventHorizon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	incombat.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	4778  Click image for larger version

Name:	resting.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	4779  

09-01-10, 04:20 AM   #3326
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
I don't want to be mean Unkn but you should show a raid while using this interface I want to see how it looks!

09-01-10, 04:24 AM   #3327
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
That's quite creative, Unkn. Your highest priority now should be to HIDE THAT TOP BAR though.

09-01-10, 06:44 AM   #3328
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

new WIP. Kinda stuck on how I want the party frames tho.

http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_9_1_12_2_55n4dm.png

Commentz!

09-01-10, 06:48 AM   #3329
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

I really like it. Perhaps calm down the combat fade a little bit.
Not sure if I like the mana bar as a single bar on the side, though it's not that bad.

What font is used? If it's semplice or marke how did you get the chat to have that spacing?

09-01-10, 07:09 AM   #3330
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

It's not the mana bar actually. It's my pet frame and ToT frame. There are no mana bars in that UI. Only text indicators which surprisingly work fine for my warlock.

The font is Supernatural1001. And the spacing is default. It doesn't have every special character tho and ^^ tends to be too high. It works fine tho.

09-01-10, 07:33 AM   #3331
blkdrgn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Raid shot with new layout.

New layout with raid setting.

I am really growing on this setup. I took alot of advice from people here and changed a few things.

The buffs are at the top of the screen (no more text, good old fashioned buttons)

I reverted back to a standard cleaner looking text. Did a few textures here and there.

I put the portraits back on Player and Target, because well, thats a great spot for a cast bar=)

The only thing I dont know about is where to put the party frame. I guess the top where they are default will work fine for now. I am open to suggestions on that.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	raid.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	735.8 KB
ID:	4783  
Missconstrew 80 Mage
-Many other lower level alts=)

09-01-10, 08:32 AM   #3332
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Havent worked on any own stuff for quite some time now, still looking for inspiration...

Here's what i use atm, refreshing change from the pixelstuff.

combat .

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9394/woopah.jpg

idle raid pic.. best i could do since i hardly raid nowadays :P

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7227/woopa2.jpg

unitframes are ouf_gdx

-_-v

09-01-10, 10:24 AM   #3333
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by blkdrgn View Post
New layout with raid setting.

I am really growing on this setup. I took alot of advice from people here and changed a few things.

The buffs are at the top of the screen (no more text, good old fashioned buttons)

I reverted back to a standard cleaner looking text. Did a few textures here and there.

I put the portraits back on Player and Target, because well, thats a great spot for a cast bar=)

The only thing I dont know about is where to put the party frame. I guess the top where they are default will work fine for now. I am open to suggestions on that.
Since you're a hunter like me, I'm going to take some time to comment on your UI.

The main problem I see here is the raid frames' position in the center of your screen. As a DPS class with no healing capabilities whatsoever I feel that's not the most appropriate place to put them. If I were you I'd move that grid to the topleft of the screen, that way it would be symmetrical with the buffs (especially in a raid when you have a lot of buffs).

Next, Omen and Recount. I've always been a big advocate of never putting those next to each other, since they tend to look very similar and the last thing you want in a boss fight is to confuse your position on the damage meter with the one on the threat meter To preserve your layout, I'd make Recount text-based (i.e. hide the bars) while keeping the bars on Omen, then put Omen on the left and Recount on the right, since the threat meter is more important and should be closer to your immediate field of vision.

Other changes would be purely cosmetic, such as matching the skin on your buffs with your action bars, hiding the title bar on Omen and shrinking Recount a bit so it doesn't overlap your panel's border. Oh, and hide those pesky red errors

Lastly, there's some other stuff that you didn't show here, such as hunter's mark/serpent sting timers, cooldowns (is it just the screenshot or you don't have OmniCC on your action bars?), boss timers, pet bar, so can't really comment on that; however, overall, it's a pretty solid layout and feels well put together.

09-01-10, 12:09 PM   #3334
Porsha
A Black Drake
Guess I should stop lerking and post up what I have been using for a while now. Basic things havent changed; only postition/colors pretty much.

I'm working on trying to find a nice balance with my cooldown timers (i.e. I have tried "basic" settings of OmniCC, Tullascooldown and now nccooldowns to try and get the font scaling to stop with not much luck. But anyways, here are some shots. The UI is credit to Nin/twins. I have added, changed some things and such but all credit for his base to him (thanks ). Credit for the info line across my screen to Amenity - something i have loved in my UIs cause it separates my attention to things for me.

Things in the UI of note - I dont have a player UF as I use Vuhdo for player/raid and have no need to see my own UF so the ones you see are right - target, left - target of target and to the left of ToT are focus and pet.
Player debuffs that are important for me to see are below target and of couse target and ToT debuffs are above their respective UFs.

http://i56.tinypic.com/205b2v4.jpg - raid/casting

http://i55.tinypic.com/21cbg2s.jpg - baby druid/casting no target (the Skada is now placed over the minimap with a black background that covers the minimap when I toggle skada to show) as in the SS below

http://i56.tinypic.com/15nu1x4.jpg - raid showing new Skada placement and DBM bars (nins design) - ignore the "range" things...totally forgot to move it >< it's under ToT frame now.

Well, there it is...hope this isnt a wall of text but I havent posted an SS of my UI in soooo many ages I felt i needed some explaining.

Thanks
Dani

Oh forgot. SS of my only DPS character lol shes a baby warlock (i have all healers 80 so this is quite a change for me even UI wise cause of things I need to know as a dps doesnt matter as a healer, amirite? :P

http://i53.tinypic.com/fwn4o8.jpg - lock casting - the little debuffs high on the screen is me messing with Filger to see if I want to keep it there or not

http://i56.tinypic.com/nl7tww.jpg - same lock casting without anything targeted (you can see my little pet frame to the left side

Last edited by Porsha : 09-01-10 at 12:19 PM.

09-01-10, 01:27 PM   #3335
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Porsha View Post
Guess I should stop lerking and post up what I have been using for a while now. Basic things havent changed; only postition/colors pretty much.

I'm working on trying to find a nice balance with my cooldown timers (i.e. I have tried "basic" settings of OmniCC, Tullascooldown and now nccooldowns to try and get the font scaling to stop with not much luck. But anyways, here are some shots. The UI is credit to Nin/twins. I have added, changed some things and such but all credit for his base to him (thanks ). Credit for the info line across my screen to Amenity - something i have loved in my UIs cause it separates my attention to things for me.

Things in the UI of note - I dont have a player UF as I use Vuhdo for player/raid and have no need to see my own UF so the ones you see are right - target, left - target of target and to the left of ToT are focus and pet.
Player debuffs that are important for me to see are below target and of couse target and ToT debuffs are above their respective UFs.

http://i56.tinypic.com/205b2v4.jpg - raid/casting

http://i55.tinypic.com/21cbg2s.jpg - baby druid/casting no target (the Skada is now placed over the minimap with a black background that covers the minimap when I toggle skada to show) as in the SS below

http://i56.tinypic.com/15nu1x4.jpg - raid showing new Skada placement and DBM bars (nins design) - ignore the "range" things...totally forgot to move it >< it's under ToT frame now.

Well, there it is...hope this isnt a wall of text but I havent posted an SS of my UI in soooo many ages I felt i needed some explaining.

Thanks
Dani

Oh forgot. SS of my only DPS character lol shes a baby warlock (i have all healers 80 so this is quite a change for me even UI wise cause of things I need to know as a dps doesnt matter as a healer, amirite? :P

http://i53.tinypic.com/fwn4o8.jpg - lock casting - the little debuffs high on the screen is me messing with Filger to see if I want to keep it there or not

http://i56.tinypic.com/nl7tww.jpg - same lock casting without anything targeted (you can see my little pet frame to the left side

I...love...that. :3

Now, I must ask, your skill icons are different, much prettier/lighter etc. How? >->

09-01-10, 01:36 PM   #3336
Porsha
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Epiphany17 View Post
I...love...that. :3

Now, I must ask, your skill icons are different, much prettier/lighter etc. How? >->
SOO Sorry! I totally meant to include this as it completely set my UI off and added the exact touch I needed/wanted

Sorry Dawn =(

http://wowinterface.com/downloads/in...onpackage.html

09-01-10, 02:35 PM   #3337
Unkn
Premium Member

Raid shot.
Can't decide where I like the raid frames for tank/heals. It seems rather low b/t the UF and rather outta place beside the map. Its just parked randomly under the Stuf floating debuffs ( odd how those are in a different placement for those for friendly or hostile targets).
Theres also a ton of skada windows because I'm normally raid leading, need to see if everyones doing their jobs.

ps. bah for having to resize pick, prolly got a bit blurry.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	raiding.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	976.9 KB
ID:	4785  

09-01-10, 02:59 PM   #3338
maurdr
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
Raid shot.
Can't decide where I like the raid frames for tank/heals. It seems rather low b/t the UF and rather outta place beside the map. Its just parked randomly under the Stuf floating debuffs ( odd how those are in a different placement for those for friendly or hostile targets).
Theres also a ton of skada windows because I'm normally raid leading, need to see if everyones doing their jobs.

ps. bah for having to resize pick, prolly got a bit blurry.
just a little critique, the three frames on the top left should be of equal size and the bottom panel shouldnt be overlapping your left cooldown bar.

09-01-10, 03:07 PM   #3339
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Porsha View Post
SOO Sorry! I totally meant to include this as it completely set my UI off and added the exact touch I needed/wanted

Sorry Dawn =(

http://wowinterface.com/downloads/in...onpackage.html
Awesome! Thank you ^-^

09-01-10, 04:35 PM   #3340
Unkn
Premium Member

Originally Posted by maurdr View Post
just a little critique, the three frames on the top left should be of equal size and the bottom panel shouldnt be overlapping your left cooldown bar.
Thats the tooltip, on the bottom, its anchor needs to move I just haven't messed with tooltips yet to get em to match the UI.
The 3 frames aren't actually different sizes. The 2 on the left are just using different color scheme than the right one. Its an optical illusion. Each window is colored slightly differently so I can easily recognize which is which in combat. Threat is class colored bars, Damage is Class Colored text with no bar color, Healing is class colored text with grey bar.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...