07-22-11, 05:26 AM   #1
alfabouch
A Murloc Raider
Nodes and routing

Hello,
Got a few minor issues with carbonite. Was wondering if it was because of me using it or working as intended =)

First of all, i do manage to import CarboniteNodes through Carbonite.
My first issue is with showing these nodes. Right clic the map, show, and I select whatever nodes i want to see, until here everything works fine, it shows the nodes. But as soon as I move my mouse out of the map (or minimap, it works the same) the nodes disappear, tho I can see then again by moving my mouse over the map again.

My second issue is with seting up a route and not selecting every nodes node. If i do set up a course route for the whole region and all nodes, everything works fine. But, if I do select only a few kinds of nodes, and ask to setup a route, Carbonite do create a course route, but as soon as I arrive to the first node, all the selected nodes disappear, tho the route remains intact, I just can't see the nodes.

And last of all, probably linked to the second issue, if I do select only one kind of node, Carb automaticly setup up a goto to the closest node, witch if I get close, makes all the nodes disappear. (Same result if I select Clear Goto).

Thom.

Last edited by alfabouch : 07-22-11 at 06:27 AM.

07-23-11, 07:38 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please see the Carbonite Nodes, Routing, and You thread. It's a "sticky" at the top of this very forum.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

07-27-11, 02:13 AM   #3
alfabouch
A Murloc Raider
How can I route only one or a few nodes? I only want some herbs or minerals.
That's fairly easy as well. You begin by deselecting both mining and herbalism locations in the Show... menu we talked about earlier. Then you click the Guide button on your Carbonite map, go to Gather, select if you want herbs or minerals, and then pick the one you're looking for. OBSERVE, you need to click on the icon, clicking the text won't work. If you look on your map, icons for that herb or mineral alone will pop up. You can hold the SHIFT button and click more icons if you want to include them.
I can select a few nodes And build a route for them, they Do pop up, but they also disapear as soon as I reach one.

I Did read the post through, Before posting, and it didn't quite answered my questions, did it?

07-27-11, 07:50 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by alfabouch View Post
I can select a few nodes And build a route for them, they Do pop up, but they also disapear as soon as I reach one.

I Did read the post through, Before posting, and it didn't quite answered my questions, did it?
After selecting the node types you wanted to route, did you also right click the map and and choose "Route" and then "Current Gather Locations" in the menu's? You still have to do that part or your routing won't work correctly. I just tested this and ran a route through the Northern Barrens for Copper ore and everything worked correctly. Don't forget: Before you can route only one (or only a certain few) node types, you must first right click the map, and "unshow" the node type (herbs, mining) you are using. This also must be done or routing only one type of node will not work correctly (as I finally remembered after several minutes of frustration trying to route only tin nodes in Northern Barrens ).

My first issue is with showing these nodes. Right clic the map, show, and I select whatever nodes i want to see, until here everything works fine, it shows the nodes. But as soon as I move my mouse out of the map (or minimap, it works the same) the nodes disappear, tho I can see then again by moving my mouse over the map again.
Two questions about this: Is your character in the same zone as the nodes you are trying to see (if you are standing in a capitol city (Orgrimmar, Stormwind) you are effectively in a different zone), and if you right click the map and choose "Transparency..." in the menu what is the "Gather Icon Transparency" slider set at? These are the only two things I can think of for that problem. I know I had that happen on one of my characters, but it was quite some time ago and I don't remember what I did to correct it. Sorry.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-27-11 at 08:56 AM. Reason: More information.

07-27-11, 03:19 PM   #5
alfabouch
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Don't forget: Before you can route only one (or only a certain few) node types, you must first right click the map, and "unshow" the node type (herbs, mining) you are using.
I just checked that, and every nodes were unchecked, herb, mining and artifacts.
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
After selecting the node types you wanted to route, did you also right click the map and and choose "Route" and then "Current Gather Locations" in the menu's? You still have to do that part or your routing won't work correctly.
Just did that, and as usual, as soon as I clic "Current Gather Locations", the route appears, but nodes also disappear :/
Also, if I don't select "Current Gather Location", (while watching specific nodes, i.e. Copper Ore) witch I suppose I can do if I just want to See specifics nodes, the automatic "Goto" implying an automatic zoom prevents me from correctly seeing the map. A "Clear Goto" remove the said "Goto" but also clear the map from the specific selected nodes.

About the first issue, I can now see the nodes regardless of the position of my mouse, I didn't change anything about my config. I don't understand why it was not working, some troll must have jinxed my comp =)

07-27-11, 04:43 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just did that, and as usual, as soon as I clic "Current Gather Locations", the route appears, but nodes also disappear :/
Well, all I can tell you is that for me if I set up a route (for all of the mining nodes in the zone, not just one type of mining node) the node icons don't disappear. My node icons are very small to begin with, but they are still there after creating the route. If, however, I set up a route for just one node type, yes, the node icons disappear after I click on "Current Gather Locations". I'm guessing that this has something to do with the fact that you have to stop showing the node icons before you can set up a route for just one (or a few different) node type. Don't worry, though. If you have your Blizzard and Carbonite maps merged you will still see the active node indicator (flashing dot) for nodes you can harvest as you come to them. You will also get the Carbonite "ding" telling you you have reached the approximate known node location.

A "Clear Goto" remove the said "Goto" but also clear the map from the specific selected nodes.
When you right click the map and choose "Clear Goto" in the menu, you are effectively telling Carbonite that you don't need the route any more, since that route (or any route in Carbonite) is a collection of "goto" points which are all strung together. If you want to skip the current target, you can set a key binding for that in Blizzards key binding interface.

Also, if I don't select "Current Gather Location", (while watching specific nodes, i.e. Copper Ore) witch I suppose I can do if I just want to See specifics nodes, the automatic "Goto" implying an automatic zoom prevents me from correctly seeing the map.
You can do two things for this problem: You can put your mouse cursor over the Carbonite map and scroll-zoom out to how you want it, or, before you start setting up a rout, zoom the Carbonite map the way you wish to see it, then right click the map and in the menu choose "Save Map Scale". If setting a route changes the map scale, simply right click the map again and choose "Restore Map Scale". You can also set a key bind in the Blizzard key binding interface to restore your map scale (as long as it has been saved). Open blizzards key binding interface (ESC > Key Bindings) and scroll down the list to the "Carbonite" heading. There is an option to set a key binding for "Restore Saved Map Scale".

The other thing is: If you right click the map, and choose "Route" but don't choose "Current Gather Locations" in the next menu, nothing happens. Nothing happens no matter how you are setting up a route.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-27-11 at 04:48 PM.

07-29-11, 12:11 PM   #7
alfabouch
A Murloc Raider
Well, this answered my questions =)

Also, just discovered that if i want to bypass the so said annoying automatic goto when selecting only one kind of a node (i.e. Copper Ore), I needed to select it using "Maj", even if didn't select more than one, it just works, I thought Maj was only useful if selecting multiples kinds of nodes.
Without "Maj" => Automatic Goto to the closest node.
With "Maj" => No Automatic Goto.

Thank you =)

Thom.

07-29-11, 10:05 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

I do have one question for you, though: What is "Maj"? I apologize, but I've never seen that term before.

07-30-11, 12:09 AM   #9
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I think it is the shift key.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

08-06-11, 09:12 AM   #10
alfabouch
A Murloc Raider
I was on holidays, so couldn't answer before.
That's correct, I was indeed talking about the "Shift" key, sorry for the confusion, in french, "Maj" stands for Majuscule (Capital) witch therefore is the name of the Caps/Shift key =)

08-06-11, 10:13 AM   #11
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Je ne parle pas le Français.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Nodes and routing