05-02-09, 10:21 AM   #1
hweave
A Kobold Labourer
WOWinterface doest not care

How many people use WOWMatrix to update your MODs? It seems WOWInterface has decided to block WOWMatrix from allowing us, the customer, to update our addons and WOWMatrix has said they will not talk to them. I am a WoW player and a large guild leader and I am going to encourage my guild and all of my friends and now anyone who reads this NOT to use WOW Interface for anything. They are more interested in themselves than they are of us, the customer so the only option we have is to vote with our feet and leave. Oh, by the way, Curse.com is in the same boat so avoid these two sites at all costs and WOWInterface, if you had some sort of easy "contact us", I would not be posting this to forums but would email you directly about your greed and disregard for your customers.

05-02-09, 10:23 AM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by hweave View Post
How many people use WOWMatrix to update your MODs? It seems WOWInterface has decided to block WOWMatrix from allowing us, the customer, to update our addons and WOWMatrix has said they will not talk to them. I am a WoW player and a large guild leader and I am going to encourage my guild and all of my friends and now anyone who reads this NOT to use WOW Interface for anything. They are more interested in themselves than they are of us, the customer so the only option we have is to vote with our feet and leave. Oh, by the way, Curse.com is in the same boat so avoid these two sites at all costs and WOWInterface, if you had some sort of easy "contact us", I would not be posting this to forums but would email you directly about your greed and disregard for your customers.
You do know that WoWMatrix is the root to all evil, right?

05-02-09, 10:29 AM   #3
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

The big "Contact Us" button is not easy enough for you? BTW... don't bother to read the forum thread on the topic. It would be pretty bad if you actually learned something.

05-02-09, 10:35 AM   #4
nemof
A Fallenroot Satyr
Have you any comprehension of how exactly expensive bandwidth is, for wowinterface to just let wowmatrix steal bandwidth without WI being able to serve adverts?

Or are you just trolling.

05-02-09, 10:41 AM   #5
Satrina
A Cyclonian
It seems WOWInterface has decided to block WOWMatrix from allowing us, the customer, to update our addons and WOWMatrix has said they will not talk to them.
Whoa there, sparky. You get to use "customer" when you paid for something. I see no site supporter logo under your name (and a joining date of May 2009). If you paid WoWMatrix, this is not WoWInterface's problem in any way.

Assuming you haven't already simply made up your mind and that's that, I encourage you to read through the big one at the UI & Macros forum and form your own conclusion: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...37080965&sid=1

Also these two are probably worth looking at:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

Last edited by Satrina : 05-02-09 at 10:53 AM.

05-02-09, 10:43 AM   #6
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

Guys, don't let the late-breaking troll start this all over again.

Hey, OP...if you're not a troll, please go post in the original topic here instead of making new topics.

05-02-09, 10:46 AM   #7
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22069

Please read the above link. Otherwise, you may not like people's responses to your pro WM stance.

Edit.. Jesa beat me up. err, beat me to it.

05-02-09, 11:19 AM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

If they didnt care you wouldnt have a site to come to in the first place. If Curse and WoWI had continued to let your precious little program have access there wouldnt be sites here at all to get your info from. Nor a place to come and complain about a subject you obviously know nothing about.

Try supporting the sites that give the addons. Not some third party program that obviously only cares about the money and gives nothing back to the community as a WHOLE. Yes there is (quite a bit) more to addons then just the end-user.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

05-02-09, 11:23 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It seems WOWInterface has decided to block WOWMatrix from allowing us, the customer, to update our addons...
You can update your addons just fine. But please understand the reasoning why WowMatrix was blocked. That is also the location where any discussion of the subject belongs. Hence, locking of this thread.

I am also curious about your wording here:
...and WOWMatrix has said they will not talk to them.
WowMatrix has said what? That we won't talk to them or that they won't talk to us? Because it's the latter (they will not respond to WoWI or Curse or most authors).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » WOWinterface doest not care