08-18-09, 06:00 PM   #1
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Updating, but not really?

I just started noticing this either Sunday or Monday. I can open Minion and it all seems towork properly. It will find all the addons and mark the ones with available updates. I go through, hit update on each one after viewing the change logs. Complete my updates, then close Minion.

I can then, after Minion is fully closed, re open it and it will still list the same addons as having available updates. I have never had a problem with Minion prior to this. There are no errors, glitches or anything that is visibly happening to indicate a fault other than the addons not being marked as updated.

Any ideas or things you'd like me to do/send etc?

And lastly, system specs: Win XP Pro
Java Version: 1.6.0_14 (as shown in the Java Control Panel Settings pane)
08-19-09, 09:11 AM   #2
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I can guarantee you they will want to see your log.

Put it in [code] tags here, or zip & upload as an attachment.
08-19-09, 11:29 AM   #3
Shannae
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've noticed similar behaviour in my Minion, and upon investigating discovered that the mods that always came up as having updates lack a Version field in their TOC files. With a Nil value on your local copies version number, the version matching therefore detects a mismatch, and concludes the mod has updates available. You may want to check each of the mods that always do this and see if that's the problem. If it is, I don't think there's much the Minion will be able to do about it.
08-20-09, 12:49 AM   #4
Biteme_nfs
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having the same issue. I open Minion and it says there are 30+ updates. So I update them all and close Minion. Then I open it again and it pops up a Module Access Request. I allow it and then it scans and says there are 30+ updates. It was working fine last week. A lot of the addons its showing updates for, haven't been updated since May. Not sure why all of the Tocs would suddenly lack the Version field. (Back to doin it manually for now)
08-20-09, 01:11 PM   #5
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
It sounds like your configuration file is not being written properly. Can I see your log file please?
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
08-20-09, 02:01 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here you go

My log file was huge initially. So I wiped it clean. I then opened Minion, ran it as normal and updated everything. I then closed Minion down and re ran it to verify I was still seeing an issue. The issue is still present. I did not update the addons on the second opening of Minion.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (113.8 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by Vis : 08-20-09 at 02:06 PM.
08-20-09, 02:17 PM   #7
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
This is the problem
Code:
SEE> 08-20-09 15:59:44.843 - Could not commit bundle data: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The value of attribute "version" associated with an element type "null" must not contain the '<' character.
                             com.mmoui.manager.SystemConfiguration$ConfigurationWriter.commitBundleData(SystemConfiguration.java:1078)
<Bundle name="MMOUI Manager - World of Warcraft"><InstallDirectory>C:\World of Warcraft2</InstallDirectory><AddOn name="Clique" version="125"><UID>5108</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="BeanCounter"><UID>7879</UID><Children><Child>Auc-Advanced</Child><Child>Auc-Filter-Basic</Child><Child>Auc-ScanData</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Classic</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Histogram</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-iLevel</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Purchased</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Simple</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-StdDev</Child><Child>Auc-Util-FixAH</Child><Child>Enchantrix</Child><Child>Enchantrix-Barker</Child><Child>Informant</Child><Child>SlideBar</Child><Child>!Swatter</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="NazScrooge" version="1.76"><UID>9385</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="AtlasLoot" version="5.07.05"><UID>5541</UID><Children><Child>AtlasLootFu</Child><Child>AtlasLoot_Crafting</Child><Child>AtlasLoot_WorldEvents</Child><Child>AtlasLoot_OriginalWoW</Child><Child>AtlasLoot_BurningCrusade</Child><Child>AtlasLoot_WrathoftheLichKing</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="PhanxChat"><UID>6323</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="DayveItemSocketHelper" version="1.1"><UID>9313</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="SilverDragon"><UID>6606</UID><Children><Child>SilverDragon_Data</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="Informant"><UID>7879</UID><Children><Child>Auc-Advanced</Child><Child>Auc-Filter-Basic</Child><Child>Auc-ScanData</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Classic</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Histogram</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-iLevel</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Purchased</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Simple</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-StdDev</Child><Child>Auc-Util-FixAH</Child><Child>BeanCounter</Child><Child>Enchantrix</Child><Child>Enchantrix-Barker</Child><Child>SlideBar</Child><Child>!Swatter</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="StatBlock_Ammo"><UID>9222</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Broker_RaidSave" version="1.6"><UID>11237</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="idHitThat" version="3.0.9.1Beta"><UID>12932</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Sympathy" version="3.0"><UID>10452</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Tankadin2" version="109b"><UID>10754</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="FishingAce"><UID>6830</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="EventAlert" version="4.2.26"><UID>9592</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="BigWigs" version="5718"><UID>5086</UID><Children><Child>BigWigs_Naxxramas</Child><Child>BigWigs_Ulduar</Child><Child>BigWigs_Plugins</Child><Child>BigWigs_Extras</Child><Child>BigWigs_Northrend</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="GupPet" version="1.194"><UID>13356</UID><Children><Child>GupPet_CollectMe</Child><Child>GupPet_ButtonFacade</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="Tankadin2_CS"><UID>12275</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Volumizer" version="3.2.01.1.5"><UID>12432</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="TourGuide_MidsummerFestival"><UID>13890</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Broker_ItemRack" version="1.9"><UID>10610</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="GuildCheck" version="2.1 beta"><UID>5841</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Analyst" version="1.0.9"><UID>10030</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Multishot" version="1.3"><UID>9590</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Enchantrix"><UID>7879</UID><Children><Child>Auc-Advanced</Child><Child>Auc-Filter-Basic</Child><Child>Auc-ScanData</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Classic</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Histogram</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-iLevel</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Purchased</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-Simple</Child><Child>Auc-Stat-StdDev</Child><Child>Auc-Util-FixAH</Child><Child>BeanCounter</Child><Child>Enchantrix-Barker</Child><Child>Informant</Child><Child>SlideBar</Child><Child>!Swatter</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="LilSparkysWorkshop" version="77"><UID>7663</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="AckisRecipeList" version="1.0 RC9"><UID>8512</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Broker_Location"><UID>11439</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Broker_TradeCooldowns" version="1.12.2 Release"><UID>11581</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="ResourceTools" version="20090805"><UID>7175</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Ara_Broker_Guild_Friends" version="22"><UID>11205</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="TradeJunkie" version="5.0 <BETA 2>"><UID>7143</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="clcbpt" version="2.3.02.005"><UID>14410</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="GetOffMyLawn" version="1.2.2"><UID>13637</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="FishingBuddy"><UID>4239</UID><Children><Child>FB_OutfitDisplayFrame</Child><Child>FB_TrackingFrame</Child><Child>FB_MergeDatabase</Child><Child>FB_InfoBar</Child><Child>FuBar_FishingBuddyFu</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="EasyDaily" version="1.15.147"><UID>10097</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="WoWEquip"><UID>13558</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Skillet" version="1.12.2"><UID>7571</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Broker_Auditor"><UID>5429</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="InterfaceUsage"><UID>13555</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="TourGuide" version="3.2.0.54Beta"><UID>7674</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Carbonite" version="3.22"><UID>12965</UID><Children><Child>CarboniteNodes</Child><Child>CarboniteTransfer</Child><Child>CarboniteLicenseAgreement.txt</Child><Child>CarboniteReadMe.txt</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="TweakWoW" version="2.9.1"><UID>13562</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Postal" version="3.2.0"><UID>11187</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="LightHeaded" version="297"><UID>7017</UID><Children><Child>LightHeaded_Data_A</Child><Child>LightHeaded_Data_B</Child><Child>LightHeaded_Data_C</Child><Child>LightHeaded_Data_D</Child><Child>LightHeaded_Data_E</Child><Child>LightHeaded_Data_NPC</Child><Child>LightHeaded_Data_QIDNames</Child><Child>readme-lightheaded.txt</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="Auditor2" version="4.3.1"><UID>5429</UID><Children><Child>Broker_Auditor</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="MarketWatcher"><UID>12911</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Overachiever" version="0.46"><UID>11361</UID><Children><Child>Overachiever_Tabs</Child><Child>Overachiever_Trade</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="Atlas" version="1.14.2"><UID>3896</UID><Children><Child>Atlas_DungeonLocs</Child><Child>Atlas_OutdoorRaids</Child><Child>Atlas_Battlegrounds</Child><Child>Atlas_Transportation</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="RepeatableQuestHelper"><UID>10234</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="BankItems"><UID>8541</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="LyransDailies"><UID>13647</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Bagnon_Armory" version="1.0.1"><UID>13504</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="SickOfClickingDailies" version="6.1.3Beta"><UID>7798</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Crossdresser" version="3.1.0.1Beta"><UID>13577</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="!Swatter"><UID>4100</UID><Children><Child>Gatherer</Child><Child>Gatherer_HUD</Child><Child>SlideBar</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="TourGuide_Stradlater" version="1.11"><UID>14072</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Armory" version="7.0.4"><UID>7952</UID><Children><Child>ArmoryGuildBank</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="zBrokerDurability"><UID>11473</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="V_Difficulty"><UID>14468</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Skada" version="1.220"><UID>12499</UID><Children><Child>SkadaHealing</Child><Child>SkadaDamage</Child><Child>SkadaAbsorbs</Child><Child>SkadaDispels</Child><Child>SkadaDeaths</Child><Child>SkadaThreat</Child><Child>SkadaFailbot</Child><Child>SkadaPower</Child><Child>SkadaDamageTaken</Child><Child>SkadaEnemies</Child><Child>SkadaDebuffs</Child><Child>SkadaCC</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="Bagnon" version="2.9.3"><UID>4459</UID><Children><Child>Bagnon_Forever</Child><Child>Bagnon_Options</Child><Child>Bagnon_Tooltips</Child><Child>Bagnon_Config</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="Talented" version="2.4.2c"><UID>12593</UID><Children><Child>Talented_GlyphFrame</Child><Child>Talented_SpecTabs</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="LittleWigs" version="3.1.2"><UID>9577</UID><Children><Child>LittleWigs_Zul&apos;Drak</Child><Child>LittleWigs_Storm_Peaks</Child><Child>LittleWigs_Stratholme</Child><Child>LittleWigs_Dragonblight</Child><Child>LittleWigs_Howling_Fjord</Child><Child>LittleWigs_Dalaran</Child><Child>LittleWigs_Coldarra</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="TankPoints" version="2.8.3"><UID>6419</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="sienasGemViewer" version="3.1.3.7"><UID>6922</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Fortress" version="1.12"><UID>10401</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="nUI_HUDLevel"><UID>13314</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Jobber"><UID>13440</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="_NPCScan"><UID>12995</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="ChocolateBar" version="1.9.2"><UID>12326</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="RatingBuster" version="1.4.5"><UID>5819</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="FB_TrackingFrame"><UID>4239</UID><Children><Child>FishingBuddy</Child><Child>FB_OutfitDisplayFrame</Child><Child>FB_MergeDatabase</Child><Child>FB_InfoBar</Child><Child>FuBar_FishingBuddyFu</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="SmartDebuff"><UID>6588</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="SlideBar"><UID>4100</UID><Children><Child>Gatherer</Child><Child>Gatherer_HUD</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="TourGuide_FlawsGuides" version="20090722 15:30"><UID>13987</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="GemHelper"><UID>7427</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Broker_CPU" version="30100.16"><UID>12461</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="RecipeRadar"><UID>4897</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="TomTom" version="222"><UID>7032</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="GetToThePoint" version="1094"><UID>7802</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="AtlasLootReverse" version="1.6"><UID>12834</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="PowerAuras"><UID>8579</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="Auctionator" version="2.3.6"><UID>8902</UID><Children /></AddOn><AddOn name="ItemRack" version="2.25"><UID>4148</UID><Children><Child>ItemRackOptions</Child></Children></AddOn><AddOn name="Routes"><UID>11401</UID><Children /></AddOn></Bundle>
The problem lies in TradeJunkie's version number:
<AddOn name="TradeJunkie" version="5.0 <BETA 2>">

This is a problem which was detected recently and has already been fixed for the next release of the core, which should be on Saturday.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

/(bb|[^b]{2})/
08-20-09, 02:24 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Is that one addon causing an issue to the others that are doing the same thing? I just went back into Minion, placed TradeJunkie on Ignore Permanently just in case, and closed/restarted it again.

The other addons still being affected as not updated/updating are:

Atlas
Carbonite
Chocolatebar
GupPet
Talented
Volumizer
clcbpt
08-20-09, 02:43 PM   #9
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
The problem is that TradeJunkie's existence will cause Minion to write it to the configuration file (ignored or not). The configuration file stores all of the information regarding what version Minion believes you have installed. This data becomes invalid when writing TradeJunkie's data, so Minion throws it out to try to recover. Since it's thrown out every time, Minion has no way of knowing the current version of any of the other addons (not just TradeJunkie).

The only way I can think of stopping this from happening is removing TradeJunkie from your interface folder. This isn't a very acceptable option, though
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

/(bb|[^b]{2})/
08-20-09, 02:51 PM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ah ok. I just went into my addons folder and moved Tradejunkie out of it. Ran Minion, updated everything then closed/re ran Minion again. All is working properly as you said. I placed Tradejunkie back into my addon folder and only that one addon still remained as needing an update.

I can certainly deal with that minor issue of moving TradeJunkie out of the addons folder now and again to clear my list, lol.

Thank you for the time, explanation, and also for Minion itself

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Updating, but not really?