09-02-09, 12:36 PM   #1
Therista
A Defias Bandit

Backdating rather than updating

I was thrilled to find MMOUI Minion and installed it without a hitch. Obviously being in beta, it's going to be buggy. I was pleasantly surprised that it updated with only a few 'not found' errors which I am sure will be worked out. (I have yet to address updating addons which are not on the Wowinterface site.)

Heres the thing...nice smooth update as I said. It's a good thing I followed instructions and backed up my interface folder. After the update, I ran C**** Updater just for ****s and giggles and found that MMOUI "updated" to a version that was older than what I had from Curse. Not Good!
I merely deleted the Interface and WTF folders and renamed my backups and I was back in business. Sooooo, be careful what you update to, at least 15 addons were trashed if not for the backup.
09-03-09, 02:44 AM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is a well-known issue and is documented both here and on the bug tracker. The primary cause is due to authors not uploading the addon here, and Minion being unable to synchronize the version numbers between your currently installed copy and the one available here. It should only happen once, the first time you update.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
09-06-09, 07:12 PM   #3
Therista
A Defias Bandit

That's great! Regrets for not digging deep enough to figure that out on my own. As I indicated, I am thrilled that I can now update from the site where I can actually get useful information about the addons I use. That would be right here.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Backdating rather than updating