09-22-11, 05:00 PM   #1
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Exclamation NUI Eating massive amounts of memory??

For some reason NUI keeps slowly eating more and more memory until it starts to affect my framerate.

This can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours and it will just creep up and up untill its sitting at around 129mb JUST for NUI!!!!!!

Is this normal?!?!

09-23-11, 12:54 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, due to the amount of data it processes the dumping system in 5.0 releases it eventually but can take a bit of time to get there. If I remember right the dumping system has been improved, or its functionality realised since it was incorporated into 5.0 but is too complex to adjust in that version. 6.0 if I recall is a lot better on the memory, so far at any rate.

09-23-11, 02:43 AM   #3
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Yes, due to the amount of data it processes the dumping system in 5.0 releases it eventually but can take a bit of time to get there.
I'm having to manually fump the garbage every 5 minutes to stop the problem as much as possible!

cant wait for 6 release!

09-23-11, 03:28 AM   #4
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mechrior View Post
I'm having to manually fump the garbage every 5 minutes to stop the problem as much as possible!

cant wait for 6 release!
how much addon memory are you using?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » NUI Eating massive amounts of memory??