06-01-07, 02:35 PM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Since it seems EQL is not being updated

Extended Quest Log was perfect for my needs. Very simply it made the quest frame larger and added the quest text on the side for easier reading and added level to the quest title. Very simple and all I really needed. IS there anything out there that would work for me? Thank you all for your time and input and I hope I am not driving you all crazy with my questions

06-01-07, 02:58 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Would something like DoubleWide work for you?

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oubleWide.html
06-01-07, 04:15 PM   #3
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Smile

Why yes, yes it would. this solves part of the problem, thanks!

06-01-07, 05:37 PM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
monkey quest & monkey quest log ftw.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-01-07, 07:11 PM   #5
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

I'm still using EQL, haven't had any error messages with the version I use and, although it hasn't been updated for a while I'm not too worried as it still works.

Just curious as to whether you're looking for alternatives because of errors or just because it hasn't been updated for a while?

As for alternatives, it could depend on what else you're using. If you use FuBar then you might want to try QuestsFu which has a decent quest tracker along with lots of other usefull features.
06-01-07, 07:27 PM   #6
RogueShadow
A Fallenroot Satyr
I am Deeply and Madly in love with QuestFu

I don't know what I did without it. I simply have to know what stage of every quest every person in my group is on. If they have it that is.
06-01-07, 07:29 PM   #7
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Question

EQL is still working but for some reason unbeknownest to me,since the latest patch (and only since the latest patch) the font size has gotten extremely small. I have checked everything and the ONLY thing that has changed is that patch. My limited knowledge of mods and their inner workings led me to believe that it due to it not being updated. Shutting EQL down or using Doublewide, the font size is back to normal. Other than the font size being really small, everything else about EQL is fine. If anyone has any clue as to the issue and how to fix it I would love to go back to using it

06-01-07, 07:55 PM   #8
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

There was a problem with font size in EQL after patch 2.0 which resulted in at least one version of EQL which fixed the font problem but wasn't really maintained for very long. Then another version appeared which was based on the fixed version, but this new version included options for font scaling: Extended QuestLog. There are, apparently, some issues with this version since patch 2.1 and there are a couple of bugfix patches available at that page.

Not sure which version you're using but maybe taking a look at the page I've linked to will help in some way?
06-02-07, 02:21 AM   #9
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

The direction you sent me ended up giving me a "Incompatible" message Grizzzly, but it did lead me to EQL 3.7.1, which is working perfectly! Thanks for everyones time

06-02-07, 10:39 AM   #10
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Not sure what would cause an "Incompatible" error, but at least you've now got a version of EQL that works for you! Happy to have been of help!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Since it seems EQL is not being updated