06-26-07, 05:15 PM   #1
Bryce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm new and just saying hey.

I'm new here and just wanted to say hey. I currently play a private server, but I'm wanting to get back into retail wow and I'm wondering what if there are any people that would be nice enough to help me like find quests, etc. as well as talent builds. I GM on the private server so I'm used to just spawning whatever I need. But that's all going to change as I want to actually play the game, even if I have to pay to play. Also, which realms should a beginner start on and how long does it actually take to get to level 70 and get good gear, etc. Another thing is, I like warlocks, so are they good for beginners or no and I need some nice UI's I could use for my warlock. Also, I need friends on retail to.
06-26-07, 05:58 PM   #2
Bryce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
12 views and no one replied...
06-26-07, 06:00 PM   #3
RogueShadow
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've never heard anybody talk about a private server here, so I would check and see if it's allowed to talk about it before saying anything else.

I am a regular here, but I dont post much myself.

Good to see new people, good to see you wanna play with others.
06-26-07, 06:04 PM   #4
Bryce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I wasn't talking about a private server, just that I'm moving back to WoW (retail) from it. I'm just looking some good UI's for a warlock and some friendly people that could guide me, etc.
06-26-07, 06:43 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Playing on private server's is against the EULA and ToS, here we obey both of them.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-26-07, 07:28 PM   #6
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Yeah yeah yeah - he wasn't promoting it, he is asking for help going legit. Stop blasting him.

Search this site for popular mods - there are several Warlock mods that are helpful.

I am partial to Hunters - they level very fast and are great for grinding cash. I have a 70 and he feeds cash to all my alts.

Good luck, and welcome to the clan.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

06-26-07, 08:29 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Step back everyone. We have no problem with people talking about private servers in a theoretical manner. And we have no problem with this thread since he isn't asking for support for on a private server. All is good.

Welcome to the site Bryce. Good luck finding a server you will be happy on.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-26-07, 08:48 PM   #8
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Welcome to the site Bryce. =)

As far as talent builds and quests go we'll have to know which class you're going to pick before we can offer our suggestions or help in that regard. As far as quests go, I highly recommend using a combination of or all of the following;

1) The WowHead site itself for finding quest information.
2) Cartographer and Cartographer_Quests
3) Lightheaded
4) TomTom
5) Doublewide

Leveling all depends on how focused you are and the time investment you can make. Some classes level faster than others, but most depend on the calibre of the player for their speed. I have a friend who's at 65 in 9 days played...so that leaves little to be said.

As far as servers go, you can tour around the Blizzard Realm Forums and check them out, head over to WarcraftRealms (mind the gold Ads) and look through the data and get an idea of server and class population. In the end you have to make the decision on the server, but at least these tools will give you a good idea of where to head first.

Again, welcome to the community and congrats on going straight. Come back and chat any time.
06-26-07, 09:23 PM   #9
Bryce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just figured it was time to play on Blizzard's servers. To boring here and to much work for me lol. I'm def. going warlock, and would anyone recommend a pvp server for a beginner or no?
06-26-07, 10:46 PM   #10
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Bryce
I just figured it was time to play on Blizzard's servers. To boring here and to much work for me lol. I'm def. going warlock, and would anyone recommend a pvp server for a beginner or no?
US Burning Legion

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-26-07, 11:02 PM   #11
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

As you can see by my signature I'm on (US) Azgalor, although a very old server it's one of my favorites. Currently working on this Shaman and a few other side projects, you're welcome to stop in and say hello any time.
07-01-07, 09:00 PM   #12
straightest arrow
A Kobold Labourer
new guy trying to work with addons

I have the idiot question that I couldn't find and answer to in *** or search. with the new layout i joined a group when invited, but couldn't figure out how to leave the group. can someone tell me how to leave a group with the new screen

thanks
07-01-07, 09:18 PM   #13
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
You know if I could step back, I would roll on a RP server. Tests claim overal percentage of adult players is higher, and they're mostly funny also.

Right click player frame > leave group

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » I'm new and just saying hey.