09-20-08, 01:57 PM   #1
Arkatho
A Defias Bandit
How would i do this?

Right now, my guild on Scarshield Legion(Stormwind Militia) has a cool addon, and in it it has (for example) a wanted list. I would like to do something similar to this except it's for patients. The guild has a rank for patients and I want the addon to automatically read this from the guild info in-game, this way it saves time inputting information manually. Would there be a way to do this in a single box which has selectable names and shows the information about the patient (or doctor as might be the case) in a different box?

Thanks...I'm new to wowuidev and so suck at using it.

Last edited by Arkatho : 09-20-08 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typos
09-20-08, 04:08 PM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A wanted list ? For patients ? Doctors ? are you sure you are talking about World of warcraft ? o_0
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
09-21-08, 04:07 AM   #3
Arkatho
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mera View Post
A wanted list ? For patients ? Doctors ? are you sure you are talking about World of warcraft ? o_0
It's a roleplaying realm mate. The Stormwind Militia are a group of people who go around keeping the law. the list i want is for patients. It's similar to the wanted list except it's not for people who are wanted. hehe. Maybe i confused you. Its a list of patients, what problem they have and their full name. The doctor's list is similar except it has their specialization on it instead. We roleplay as doctors and patients in this guild. oh and of course warders but still.

Here's a screenshot

Instead of that though, i want it to be a list of patients, or doctors or warders. Is there any way to physically make it scan for ranks in a guild and view the person's name and note?

Arkatho.

Last edited by Arkatho : 09-21-08 at 04:17 AM. Reason: added screenshot and explanation of what i want(again)
09-21-08, 09:39 AM   #4
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The following macro will print a list of all those members with a rank of "patient" and who are online to the default chat frame:
Code:
/run for i = 1, GetNumGuildMembers(true) do n, r, _, _, _, _, c, _, o = GetGuildRosterInfo(i); if r=="patient" and o==1 then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(n.." ("..c..")");end;end
If you'd like to turn this into an actual addon, then this should get you started...
09-22-08, 08:11 AM   #5
Arkatho
A Defias Bandit
Thanks, i'll try and develop on this.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How would i do this?