07-25-13, 11:51 PM   #1
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

so... what does the future hold?

so, i've kinda given up on waiting for nui6, seen no activity since the last major patch for nui5 apart from the usual update to version.. so whats the word? is nui6 coming or has scott ditched it for other projects? cause for me i need a ui addon that doesn't own my framerate whenever i'm in a raid, and i'm really a massive supporter of nui itself due to the fact there is nothing else out there like it... but its coming to a point with 5.4 looming and the promise nui6 would be ready with cata, then panda, but both promises falling short i feel the need to ask whats going on? and if nui has hit end of life due to disinterest is there anything out there i can use to replace nui?

so yeah question is, will we see a complete release of nui6 or should we start shopping for a new ui?
07-26-13, 07:09 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
WhyinHell do people keep posting this question without reading the forums first?

Scott's still working on nUI 6. It'll be done when it's done. Waiting is.
07-26-13, 12:37 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please bear in mind that building a UI from the ground up is no easy feat. It isn't like the other UI compilations where multiple addons are set up to work together. Put on top of that a normal work day and time spent with family and it only leaves a few hours a week to work on hobbies etc.

I've looked at nUI's code and I know for a fact that even my 3hrs of sleep a night won't help me build anything remotely as good as what nUI is in any reasonable time frame.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
07-26-13, 01:25 PM   #4
Seer
A Molten Giant
Not to mention the interaction with Spiel and others like X when trying to fix bugs is nothing more then AAA+

Can't wait for a more fleshed out version of nUI6 tho. :-D
07-27-13, 04:58 AM   #5
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i wasn't bashing on scott, or anyone else for that matter, i haven't seen any post about how far along or whats being done, or anything in a very long time, so i just figured it had been dropped, i asked the question cause no one else had, and i get attacked for it, i like nui, i do, i just need something that doesn't take my frame rate and flush it down the toilet when i raid as heals, makes it damn near impossible to heal properly and i have been patient, damn near 2 years patient, and yeah i understand its not easy building a UI, nor am i demanding a UI NOW or anything, all i'm asking is whats the progress, will we see something soon?
07-27-13, 05:14 AM   #6
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Solgath View Post
i wasn't bashing on scott, or anyone else for that matter
Yea, I know. Just posted to.. support X I suppose. Support isnt the word I'm looking for tho.

Originally Posted by Solgath View Post
i haven't seen any post about how far along or whats being done, or anything in a very long time,
There hasn't been an "official" post about it from Spiel, but he did/does mention he's still working on it in one of his latest reply.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » so... what does the future hold?