10-18-12, 01:48 PM   #41
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by joypunk View Post
Aura Watch -> Paladin -> Group 2

This no longer correctly detects Seal presence, now that they're a "stance" rather than a "buff". I have just disabled it for now... not sure if it can be changed to correctly detect the new format.
I can confirm this, auras were removed and are now passive buffs. Seals are now auras and aura watch does not recognize this. It's easy to disable them but in future releases removing them from aura watch might spare newcomers to RealUI some confusion.

10-18-12, 02:04 PM   #42
noelove
A Murloc Raider
Quick question. Can I just delete the fonts folder? I'm not exactly excited with them.

Thanks!

10-18-12, 09:32 PM   #43
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Baddieqt View Post
Is the achievment frame bugged? Or is it supposed to be like that?

For example, I've done 749pet battles, but on the 1000 pet battles achievment it says 0/1000.

Or is it any addon 'blocking' this to go thru?
I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at a signature... well played sir!

10-18-12, 09:37 PM   #44
ravx25
A Murloc Raider
Geth, I'm really, really confused about energy meters on the Stone Guardians. You had mentioned showing Boss Frames, but when I did that, they showed on the right but were so small they were virtually unreadable in real time. Is there a way to move them? Make them bigger?

Also, I did something where a box showed up to the right of the grid with all 3 lines of the guardians, but it's unrealistic to try and move them while fighting. Is there a way to make that box show up so I can move it someplace else? I'm thinking about going with Shadowed Unit Frames for these energy meters otherwise.

10-19-12, 12:19 AM   #45
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by tanakasai View Post
I keep getting random errors, usually to do with the OUF, if you need more details I can post them once it happens again, like today I would enter combat and get a error saying there was a error with the combat fader or something like that. Is this happening to anyone else? I'll try a clean install and post back with results. Errors usually happen more often in raids.
yes please pm this to me

Originally Posted by cdnDare View Post
Is there any way to show all debuffs on your target, not just curable ones? Buffs on your focus target rather than debuffs? A consolidated buff at the top right like Blizzard's default UI that shows all of the 60 minute buffs together?

Sorry for all the questions, thank you for the wonderful UI
Buffs are controlled by Raven, which can be edited via /raven.

Last I checked, Raven does not support a consolidated buffs frame. If you would like this feature, put in a request to the author/maintainer for Raven.

Originally Posted by joypunk View Post
Would it be possible to make an option to have the Group Loot close X number of seconds after the last person rolls?

Love that Group Loot window! Just tired of closing it constantly.

Thanks!
open the main menu and go to Interface --> Controls --> Uncheck "Auto Open Loot Rolls Window"

Originally Posted by ravx25 View Post
Geth, I'm really, really confused about energy meters on the Stone Guardians. You had mentioned showing Boss Frames, but when I did that, they showed on the right but were so small they were virtually unreadable in real time. Is there a way to move them? Make them bigger?

Also, I did something where a box showed up to the right of the grid with all 3 lines of the guardians, but it's unrealistic to try and move them while fighting. Is there a way to make that box show up so I can move it someplace else? I'm thinking about going with Shadowed Unit Frames for these energy meters otherwise.
If you use DBM, the most recent update added a frame that shows 1) the current energy of each boss 2) the boss currently casting petrify 3) your own petrification level.

RealUI doesn't have Boss Frames on it's own and I don't currently have plans to add them. If you need boss frames there are the Default frames or you can use another addon

10-19-12, 05:05 AM   #46
Pusikas
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Be3f. View Post
Aurora changes the speech bubbles. You could try updating it.
Will using a newer version auf Aurora work with the custom changes from RealUI?

Also, to be more precise: The speech bubbles include the name of the person speaking. And this name sometimes gets mixed up. Even happens to myself. Went into LFD, cleared Mogu'shan Palace, stood in Orgrimmar and said something aloud. My own speech bubble was labelled "Xin the Weaponmaster". Does not happen all the time, just sometimes. And I have yet to see this happen to a NPC. Only ssen it happen with player characters so far.

10-19-12, 10:34 AM   #47
gsnerf
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
RealUI doesn't have Boss Frames on it's own and I don't currently have plans to add them. If you need boss frames there are the Default frames or you can use another addon
Beeing a tank I have to say: that sucks! The DBM display is only that, a display. I can't select the boss using this. As Tabbing and clicking on the boss is an absolute no go cause you simply can't select the boss in some cases my only option is re-enabling the stock boss frames which seemingly can't be moved and are just in the way.

I remember some versions ago I suddenly had styled boss frames that could be moved, where did they go? I don't remember having any unit frames related addons installed other than the stock RealUI ones.

Other than that: nice work on maintaining this beast!

10-19-12, 12:49 PM   #48
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Pusikas View Post

Also, to be more precise: The speech bubbles include the name of the person speaking. And this name sometimes gets mixed up. Even happens to myself. Went into LFD, cleared Mogu'shan Palace, stood in Orgrimmar and said something aloud. My own speech bubble was labelled "Xin the Weaponmaster". Does not happen all the time, just sometimes. And I have yet to see this happen to a NPC. Only ssen it happen with player characters so far.
Did you get any errors or have any screenshots?

Originally Posted by gsnerf View Post
Beeing a tank I have to say: that sucks! The DBM display is only that, a display. I can't select the boss using this. As Tabbing and clicking on the boss is an absolute no go cause you simply can't select the boss in some cases my only option is re-enabling the stock boss frames which seemingly can't be moved and are just in the way.

I remember some versions ago I suddenly had styled boss frames that could be moved, where did they go? I don't remember having any unit frames related addons installed other than the stock RealUI ones.

Those frames were probably from DXE in 7.1 r12. DXE has yet to be updated for MoP, and thus has been removed from the UI. Sorry for the inconvenience.

10-19-12, 06:44 PM   #49
verrda
A Defias Bandit
Do you have any Elder Charms to use? RealUI does not effect this system, so it is either an outside addon (read: not included in RealUI) or you just don't have any
I had six at the time

I ran the new LFR (with the 3 last bosses) and it worked fine

Only run into this issue in LFR on the first three

and the only outside mod i have is Deadly Boss Mods

10-19-12, 07:08 PM   #50
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Pusikas View Post
You can freely update Aurora now. The only custom change originally made to Aurora was the opacity, which is now done via Aurora's new in-game options menu.

10-19-12, 09:28 PM   #51
ravx25
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by gsnerf View Post

Gsnerf, I went with Shadowed Unit Frames. It takes some getting used to but you can enable just the boss energy window/power meters. They are clickable too. You can change every aspect...text, size, colors, placement etc. Being this customizable though, you need to look through every single tab and option to figure it out. Once you do, I think you will be pleased with it. In fact I am trying it out to replace Grid for my party frames.

Geth, speaking of Grid, is there a way, without disabling it, to make it not show up. I go to 5-man options and change it to none, but it keeps randomly showing back up for some reason. I just want it stay none for the time being.

10-20-12, 06:00 AM   #52
gsnerf
A Murloc Raider
Those frames were probably from DXE in 7.1 r12. DXE has yet to be updated for MoP, and thus has been removed from the UI. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ah I see. I don't mind the removal of DXE as I switched back to DBM either way, I'll have to work out something else for the boss frames though. Thx for the info!

Originally Posted by ravx25 View Post
Gsnerf, I went with Shadowed Unit Frames. It takes some getting used to but you can enable just the boss energy window/power meters. They are clickable too. You can change every aspect...text, size, colors, placement etc. Being this customizable though, you need to look through every single tab and option to figure it out. Once you do, I think you will be pleased with it. In fact I am trying it out to replace Grid for my party frames.
Yea I thought about trying this out but as you said the config seems rather big so I didn't do it yet. I'll think I'll have a closer look at this shortly.

10-20-12, 11:18 PM   #53
Kuchinashi
A Defias Bandit
I'd like to track spellid 108381 in nibpointdisplay (a druid talent that starts at 2 stacks), so I added it to the core.lua for nibpointdisplay. Now I see two points whenever I gain the buff, but I also see it whenever I have the 108382 buff. This is the other half of the same talent and has the same name but a different spell icon and id. Having it displayed is interfering with DPS. The same thing happened when I tried to set up a bar to track it in nibicehud -- it just gave me a bar for either 108381 or 108382, whichever was longer.

I've posted the lines I edited into the core.lua here: http://pastebin.com/ZL4h0nYy

10-21-12, 03:27 AM   #54
cdnDare
A Murloc Raider
Do you have any Elder Charms to use? RealUI does not effect this system, so it is either an outside addon (read: not included in RealUI) or you just don't have any
Yeah, I had the same problem he had. Disabling the Real UI Loot window and reloading UI fixed the problem, but that just resets it back to the ugly default window.

10-21-12, 06:25 AM   #55
anubis06660
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
junk seller error

Complete fresh install of both the UI and WOW itself. I noticed the game seemed to be tossing errors all the time and become very bleh. So a full fresh install of both, and I open a vendor to get the bug below and now Junk Seller doesn't work. WTF?!?

Junk Seller error below.....

1x nibRealUI-7.3 r1\Modules\JunkSeller.lua:88: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
nibRealUI-7.3 r1\Modules\JunkSeller.lua:88: in function "AtMerchant"
nibRealUI-7.3 r1\Modules\JunkSeller.lua:48: in function <nibRealUI\Modules\JunkSeller.lua:45>
(tail call): ?
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[2]":9: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[2]":5
AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0-57.lua:799: in function <AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:614>
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[3]":9: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[3]":5
ArkInventory-30314\Externals\Ace3-AceGUI\AceGUI-3.0-33.lua:314: in function "Fire"
Ace3-AceGUI\widgets\AceGUIWidget-CheckBox.lua:68: in function <Ace3-AceGUI\widgets\AceGUIWidget-CheckBox.lua:57>

Locals:
nil

edit....fresh install and an ACP error as well. Is this UI being updated???

5x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "ACP" tried to call the protected function "CompactRaidFrame3:Show()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
<in C code>
FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:276: in function "CompactUnitFrame_UpdateVisible"
FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:234: in function "CompactUnitFrame_UpdateAll"
FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:96: in function <FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:43>

Locals:
nil

Last edited by anubis06660 : 10-21-12 at 10:31 AM.

10-22-12, 03:08 PM   #56
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by anubis06660 View Post
edit....fresh install and an ACP error as well. Is this UI being updated???
To be honest I barely have the time for RealUI between in game stuff (raids, dailies, etc.) and irl stuff (work). Though when things start to calm down ill consider picking up some of nib's more popular addons, most likely starting with those that are included in RealUI
Gethe is busy, he'll get to it when he gets to it, just be patient.

10-23-12, 05:59 AM   #57
Scyntt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by verrda View Post
I have been havign an issue trying to use Elder Charms of Good Fortune

been in two LFR and two Normal mode Raids and once a boss goes down the window should be popping up if I want to sue an elder charm.

Thing is, it isn't

Has anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it?
I've also have had this issue. Only once has the frame come up for the roll option, and I have coins*. My outside mods include DBM, Recount, Onebag3, and Auctioneer suite. I did recently play with settings in grid, and really the only change I've made was having the stance bar not recenter by default.

I also can't interact with the black market auction house, but I have a feeling that's auctioneer.

Question: What mod is playing that fatality sound?

On a side note. For the life of me I can't remember what takes care of displaying the buff/debuffs. Also I can't remember how to get grid to allow the frame to "overflow" under the screen.

*Clarification, I just started playing again last week and was finally able to use LFR yesterday. I finished the trade quest then went into both sides of LFR. Oh! And I'm glad to see someone take up this package from Nib. I've been using it since wrath, with long breaks between.

10-23-12, 02:03 PM   #58
Donslaught
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Scyntt View Post
I also can't interact with the black market auction house, but I have a feeling that's auctioneer.
I'm using AuctionLite and can interact with the Black Market just fine. Might very well be an Auctioneer thing.

Question: What mod is playing that fatality sound?
The mod making the "fatality" noise is BugSack. In its options you can either turn down the volume of the notification, change to something else, or, I believe, turn it off entirely.

On a side note. For the life of me I can't remember what takes care of displaying the buff/debuffs.
Raven is the addon used to display buffs and debuffs.

10-23-12, 02:20 PM   #59
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Gethe, Nib, ... I found that I get less errors (if at all), when I use the 7.3 r1 download. Problems arise if I update the addons even if they're not in the "Do Not Update" list.

This is with a 90 Monk and Hunter.

10-23-12, 03:59 PM   #60
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Gethe, Nib, ... I found that I get less errors (if at all), when I use the 7.3 r1 download. Problems arise if I update the addons even if they're not in the "Do Not Update" list.

This is with a 90 Monk and Hunter.
What addons did you update?

What problems did you get?

Last edited by Gethe : 10-23-12 at 04:30 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI