08-24-09, 01:11 AM   #1
skyesfury
An Aku'mai Servant
Use Travel Routing options

I can't be 100% of this, but I seem to recall that "Use Travel Routing" used to take into account epic flying. If you have it, it will ignore Flight Paths and point you straight to your destination. If not, it would point you to the nearest Flight Path and go from there.

Is there a possibility of this being an option or is there currently a way to enable this or ... ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

08-24-09, 10:19 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, that is what it does. It should be working, except it does need to be adjusted for the fact that the standard flying mount is now faster in the calculation. Epic flyer bypasses Flightmasters.

08-24-09, 03:16 PM   #3
skyesfury
An Aku'mai Servant
It's not doing that when I have Use Travel Routing checked.

I've removed all the carbonite filees (saved var, the folder, etc) a couple times and reinstalled and it's still pointing me to flight masters while on an epic flyer.

EDIT: changed mount to flyer to be more clear heh

08-28-09, 03:41 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I see nothing wrong with the code. It has not changed in a while.

The check is you have 300 skill and are in Outland or in Northrend with lvl >= 77.

What riding skill does it say on that character?
Are you on an English client?

08-28-09, 06:40 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
The check is you have 300 skill and are in Outland or in Northrend with lvl >= 77.
Just out of curiosity, the Outland check, does it take into account that you can purchase 300 Riding at lvl 60 now?

Another thought, does it check in Northrend for the Cold Weather Skill or just Character level? If it only does Character level than it may miss that some people have purchased the Cold Weather BoA book that allows an Alt to learn the skill at Lvl 68.

08-30-09, 11:59 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The Outland check is purely skill. It does not check level.

Northrend is skill and level. It does not look at cold weather flying.

08-31-09, 01:45 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

The Outland check is purely skill. It does not check level.

Northrend is skill and level. It does not look at cold weather flying.
Since you can somehow check for riding skill level, isn't it possible to check if the player has the spell / ability "Cold Weather Flying" too? It'd make a better check than level, with the new Cold Weather Flying book and all.

08-31-09, 10:20 PM   #8
skyesfury
An Aku'mai Servant
I see nothing wrong with the code. It has not changed in a while.

What riding skill does it say on that character?
Are you on an English client?
300 skill and English client.

I actually found the issue. I had to go through and delete ALL of the files for Carbonite. Found more than just the ones under WTF/Account/SavedVariables. Apparently there's some under each character as well. After getting rid of those, everything worked right again.

09-03-09, 12:47 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Since you can somehow check for riding skill level, isn't it possible to check if the player has the spell / ability "Cold Weather Flying" too? It'd make a better check than level, with the new Cold Weather Flying book and all.
You have to check the spell book for Cold Weather Flying. Carbonite has no code to look at the spell book, so it is not a simple change. Most people with epic fly skill are going to get cold flying ASAP when they hit 77, since it is only 1000g and makes questing much easier.

09-03-09, 12:57 PM   #10
Jigain
A Molten Giant

You have to check the spell book for Cold Weather Flying. Carbonite has no code to look at the spell book, so it is not a simple change. Most people with epic fly skill are going to get cold flying ASAP when they hit 77, since it is only 1000g and makes questing much easier.
Yes, of course, but most alts of level 80 characters will have epic flying as they reach Northrend at level 68, and due to the bind-to-account "Tome of Cold Weather Flying", they will be level 68 and with 300 Riding skill, as well as being able to fly in Northrend. That's the point I'm making, with the current setup, even though they're eligable for flying, and hence the Use Travel Routing bypass, Carbonite won't allow them until nine levels after they can get it.

09-03-09, 01:05 PM   #11
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
due to the bind-to-account "Tome of Cold Weather Flying", they will be level 68 and with 300 Riding skill, as well as being able to fly in Northrend.
Eh? That is news to me. Never heard of bind-to-account Cold Flying.

So you can fly at 68 in Northrend???
How is it shown in the Spellbook? Does it look exactly like the normal Cold Weather Flying?

09-03-09, 04:20 PM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Eh? That is news to me. Never heard of bind-to-account Cold Flying.

So you can fly at 68 in Northrend???
How is it shown in the Spellbook? Does it look exactly like the normal Cold Weather Flying?
It should show as exactly the same. The lvl 68 alts just learn it from a book instead of directly from the trainer. I don't have a 68 toon I can test it with to be sure though.

09-04-09, 01:57 AM   #13
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Heh, I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it yet, it was in the Items section of the patch notes, reckon not too many check that.

Quoted from the 3.2 patch notes:
"Tome of Cold Weather Flight: New heirloom item. Players who have reached level 80 can now purchase this book for 1,000 gold from Hira Snowdawn, the Cold Weather Flying Trainer in Dalaran. Similar to other heirloom items, this item can be mailed to other characters of the same realm, account and faction. The book is consumed when read training the character in Cold Weather Flying. Requires level 68. "

09-04-09, 10:31 PM   #14
Chmee
A Molten Giant
When I got to Northrend on my main, I didn't have any flying skill. I forget what level I was when I finally got it. 76 or so, I think. Sometime in mid 77 I got cold weather flying. I hit 80 a week or so ago. I still don't have epic flying.

10-18-09, 04:11 PM   #15
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Done for 3.23:

Fixed routing to check for Cold Weather Flying instead of level 77.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Use Travel Routing options