07-29-07, 02:03 PM   #1
BadDaddio
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Ever lose items in AH? Is Blizz policy appropriate?

I had a problem yesterday after posting multiple items in the Alliance AH. 2 DM Cards, the 7 & 8 of Warlords (blue - for any1 unfamilar with them) came up missing, along with some 60+ blue & green armor. I didn't catch it until someone responded to my /2 WTS spam on the cards. After pointing the guy to AH, he whispered back that my cards were not in AH as promised!

While confirming this myself, I realized that the armor items were also missing. The strange thing is that there were still alot of similar items still posted by me in AH including armor, the 2 thru 4 cards from same deck and Ace thru 4 of Elementals.

Is this a common issue? Has it happened to anyone else, esp recently?

I submitted a ticket, of course, as I estimate the in-game loss to be close to 200G. The responding GM seemed sympathetic at first, even excusing himsel to "advocate" for me (his words) to his boss. When he got back to me however, his politeness smelt a lot more like a corporate brush off. He reffered me to a clause in ToS and refused to offer any details or explanation!

Is this, in your opiniom, an appropriate response to an issue that should be fairly EZ to document and compensate? Perhaps I should just QQ and get back to the grind?? Comments & illumination please...

Last edited by BadDaddio : 07-29-07 at 02:13 PM. Reason: puncuation & spelling
07-29-07, 02:06 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
did you check your mailbox? maybe someone bought them.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-29-07, 02:14 PM   #3
BadDaddio
A Murloc Raider
yes, regularly for next 5-6 hours... 'twas my only real hope.
07-29-07, 02:45 PM   #4
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

I haven't hear of this sort of thing happening in Wow myself, although I have heard of alot of other MMO's being plagued by similar or worse problems. If it was only a few gold worth I'd drop it, but 200+ is a noticeable amount. Might be worth a few minutes to complain and try to get it resolved.

07-30-07, 01:41 PM   #5
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
Never heard of this happening before. I put 10-20 items on the auction house a nightly and have yet to lose one.
07-30-07, 03:29 PM   #6
Hellarion
A Black Drake

never had this happen to me ...i xfered servers one time with the oathkeeper on ah goin for 100g just to clean out my bank and forgot to cancel the auction before the xfer..so i lost out
08-01-07, 01:49 AM   #7
Protpallyftw
A Fallenroot Satyr
This has happened to me three times, and guess what, GM would not do **** to help me either. Sad thing as that this happened after they were sold. Each time it was 2-3 Ridgit dawnstones which go from anywhere between 20-40g on my server, each time the GM told me that therewas nothing he could do and then flat out just dropped me. Just goes to show Bliz really does not give a **** about us
08-01-07, 06:26 AM   #8
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Protpallyftw
This has happened to me three times, and guess what, GM would not do **** to help me either. Sad thing as that this happened after they were sold. Each time it was 2-3 Ridgit dawnstones which go from anywhere between 20-40g on my server, each time the GM told me that therewas nothing he could do and then flat out just dropped me. Just goes to show Bliz really does not give a **** about us
GM's aren't the smartest people. You probably got a lazy one.

08-01-07, 07:39 AM   #9
Janslow
A Murloc Raider
This happens because the link to the databse on which the items for the auction house is contained encounters an error, the item is taken from your inventory and lost, as it wasn't saved into the DB.

Blizz won't admit or explain the error because they would probably be admitting that their system has flaws/security flaws.
08-01-07, 07:30 PM   #10
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
I am quite sure last time I talked to them they don't deal with inquires dealing with mail like if something expired. I doubt they would deal with anything dealing with the auction house. There is just way too much things going on on them to actually track and find where your auction went if it did indeed vanish. *Shrug* I really don't know.
08-01-07, 11:20 PM   #11
Protpallyftw
A Fallenroot Satyr
/cry
tryng to make some money and bought a dawnstone, cut it, put it on AH for around 35g, it sells in aminute or two(this was around 2pm) and it nevershowed up, GM once ain said nothing could be done, wouldn;t even just give me the money back for buyng the stone in the first place, I'm starting to hate blizz
08-02-07, 08:45 AM   #12
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

/cry
tryng to make some money and bought a dawnstone, cut it, put it on AH for around 35g, it sells in aminute or two(this was around 2pm) and it nevershowed up, GM once ain said nothing could be done, wouldn;t even just give me the money back for buyng the stone in the first place, I'm starting to hate blizz
boo hoo.The GM's can't track when/who bought what, and even it the item was on AH, so they can't do anything about it. If you hate blizzard so much why play their games?

Last edited by Dreadlorde : 08-02-07 at 08:53 AM.
08-04-07, 03:14 PM   #13
Protpallyftw
A Fallenroot Satyr
but they should be able to do something, they should see, oh someone bought it, nope they never got the money, here it is, and I am starting to hate them, not tha I do HATE them, I was just venting
08-04-07, 05:48 PM   #14
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
but they should be able to do something, they should see, oh someone bought it, nope they never got the money, here it is, and I am starting to hate them, not tha I do HATE them, I was just venting
My reply to that:

Originally Posted by einherjan
I am quite sure last time I talked to them they don't deal with inquires dealing with mail like if something expired. I doubt they would deal with anything dealing with the auction house. There is just way too much things going on on them to actually track and find where your auction went if it did indeed vanish. *Shrug* I really don't know.
If you accidentally delete something they can do an automatic restore but that's about it.
08-04-07, 07:25 PM   #15
Jazradel
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
boo hoo.The GM's can't track when/who bought what, and even it the item was on AH, so they can't do anything about it.
Yes, they can. They track everything about your character.

I've never personally lost money like this, it this is definetly blizzards fault and they should restore it.
08-04-07, 08:02 PM   #16
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
They can't help him.
08-04-07, 09:18 PM   #17
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by einherjan
They can't help him.
there is a difference between can't and wont. they can, but then they would have to help and check data on everyone else aswell and that would not only affect gaming greatly but also occupy most gm's so those that actually could use the gm's help with more pressing issues such as bugged quest mobs (as an example) or other stuff. And blizz ain't willing to spend loads of cash to hire new gm's and neither can they create a system that can check this and do something about it (it would be to complex and would require a big rewrite in wow gamecodes)
08-05-07, 05:31 AM   #18
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by malcite
there is a difference between can't and wont.
Thats the bottom line. It's often not worth the effort, so they brush it off. For the most part I don't blame Blizz, as it's time-consuming to check this kind of thing. If it's only a few gold then its probably best to drop it.

08-05-07, 09:58 AM   #19
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Gemini_II
Thats the bottom line. It's often not worth the effort, so they brush it off. For the most part I don't blame Blizz, as it's time-consuming to check this kind of thing. If it's only a few gold then its probably best to drop it.
I couldn't agree more.
08-05-07, 03:39 PM   #20
gi2k15
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

But you must remember you're paying a monthly fee for a good-quality service. They can't just deny help if they have meanings to do it.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Ever lose items in AH? Is Blizz policy appropriate?