10-17-09, 11:48 PM   #1
Prahl
A Defias Bandit
Map and Minimap

On the minimap and map, there are icons that show where quest points are. For instance, when I mouse over one of them, it says,
"Human Commoner
71 A Desperate Alliance (Part 1)"
Which is a quest.

What I want to know is how to get rid of these icons. For some reason they are there on one of my characters, but not another, even though their settings are exactly the same.

10-18-09, 01:19 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are talking about the little "piece of parchment" icons, then yes. These are the "Quest Giver" icons that Carbonite uses on its own maps.

Look at your "Quest Watch". You will see four colored buttons. You want the Yellow one. Click it until it turns a "dark" yellow color, and your "parchment" icons will be gone.

Colors:
Dark yellow = No quest givers shown.
Bright yellow = Both regular and Dailies quest givers shown.
Bright blue = Dailies quest givers only shown.

10-18-09, 11:32 AM   #3
Prahl
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
If you are talking about the little "piece of parchment" icons, then yes. These are the "Quest Giver" icons that Carbonite uses on its own maps.

Look at your "Quest Watch". You will see four colored buttons. You want the Yellow one. Click it until it turns a "dark" yellow color, and your "parchment" icons will be gone.

Colors:
Dark yellow = No quest givers shown.
Bright yellow = Both regular and Dailies quest givers shown.
Bright blue = Dailies quest givers only shown.
Um, what? I'm on the quest watch options, and I do see 4 buttons, which are dark yellow, bright yellow, white, and grey. Except all they do is change the "Quest complete color", "Quest incomplete color", "Objective complete color", and "Objective incomplete color". To change the color you click on the square of color, which only changes the color of what I previously said. If you click on the option name (EX: Quest complete color) it does nothing.

10-18-09, 12:18 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Don't go into the actual Quest options screen. Take a look at the Carbonite Quest Tracker. Along the top are 4 radio buttons. Those are the ones that are being referred to

10-18-09, 02:12 PM   #5
Prahl
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Don't go into the actual Quest options screen. Take a look at the Carbonite Quest Tracker. Along the top are 4 radio buttons. Those are the ones that are being referred to
Oh ok, thanks! Now it worked

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map and Minimap