10-17-08, 04:45 PM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

is a addon for tooltips?

how we "move" the description text (tooltip window)? i mean when u have the mouse over a skill or stuff on your screen the description who appear. For me is in a stupid place, in right bottom of screen.
About a so important thing no addon?..

i heard that Tipsy can do that, but didnt worked for me.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ad/226256.aspx
10-17-08, 05:26 PM   #2
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try Seerah's TipTop. It was developed and tested on Wrath beta, but works beautifully (for me at least) on 3.0.2.
10-18-08, 01:02 AM   #3
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

this cant move... only resize, hm that is usefull in some way ok.
But i solved my problem making hard tricks with Domino and Fluid frames (need to put with domino a stuff exactly where the tooltip appear usually, then put the mouse over it and press the Fluid frames key to move a window and... voila)

"shame" isnt a little addon to move the tooltip window, this is important For example in a battle u must read fast the tooltip to see what a skill does exactly lol, so this must be in a good position on screen.

now my problem is why a important addon, Cartographer, isnt updated, or Mobinfo2. All others addons i used are fine, but these? Or what addon permit to make your own notes EXACTLY where u want on WORLD MAP, like cartographer?

Last edited by xromania™ : 10-18-08 at 01:08 AM.
10-18-08, 04:21 PM   #4
Bufe
A Cyclonian
another

CowTIP works, gives some extra info, and let u move it..BUT....if from what i can tell, it refuse to "tooltip" UI-frames if you are not in range of the target..

Like it wont show the tooltip name of a player on grid which is in a different zone...just say "Mouse Over" in the tooltip or something.

Other than that, if you get the CTMOD CORE (nothing more needed) then there is an option to MOVE the tooltip there using an anchor...which is the one i had been using up to patch 3.0.2.

Bufe
10-18-08, 06:40 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
this cant move... only resize, hm that is usefull in some way ok.
But i solved my problem making hard tricks with Domino and Fluid frames (need to put with domino a stuff exactly where the tooltip appear usually, then put the mouse over it and press the Fluid frames key to move a window and... voila)

"shame" isnt a little addon to move the tooltip window, this is important For example in a battle u must read fast the tooltip to see what a skill does exactly lol, so this must be in a good position on screen.
Yes, it does move the tooltip. There are also addons that *just* move the tooltip instead of modifying, such as Lithe Tooltip Doctor.

now my problem is why a important addon, Cartographer, isnt updated, or Mobinfo2. All others addons i used are fine, but these? Or what addon permit to make your own notes EXACTLY where u want on WORLD MAP, like cartographer?
And I already answered these questions in another thread by you.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-18-08, 06:56 PM   #6
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mousetip is another variation on this theme, but allows you to actually specify the position of the tooltip on a per frame basis via its slash commands.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » is a addon for tooltips?