10-18-08, 04:26 AM   #1
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Looking for Player Link Menu replacement

Hi,
I've been using Player Link Menu for quite some time now but, as has happened with many mods, it no longer works under 3.0.2. So, I'm hoping that someone knows of a similar mod that does work under 3.0.2?

In case the link doesn't work, Player Link Menu added a small menu when clicking on a player's name in chat which provided more options than the default UI.

Anyone able to suggest anything else as a replacement please?
10-18-08, 07:14 PM   #2
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Hmmm, 21 views so far and not a single reply, not even one saying it's not possible anymore! Thought someone around here would have known about something that would work, starting to look as if I was wrong about that!
10-18-08, 07:29 PM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can answer for the "is possible" part since I'm doing it for Armory QuickLink one of my mods and it works in 3.0.2.

I don't know of a 3.0.2 working generic mod though
(or even that PlayerMenu had broken for that matter)
as I've never used one myself.
10-18-08, 07:57 PM   #4
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Well I've been using PlayerLinkMenu for quite some time and since the patch it does nothing, clicking on a players name in chat just opens up a whisper. Also tried one called PlayerMenu and that didn't work either.

Right now I'm just looking for any mod that adds a similar menu on clicking a player's name in chat. Would ideally include the following options:

Who
Invite
Guild Invite
Whisper
Add Friend
Ignore
Report Spam

Any extra options would be fine. I did also consider the possibility that another addon was perhaps somehow blocking PlayerLinkMenu / PlayerMenu from working, but I've not had a chance to fully check on that as I've been busy finding updates for all my other addons.
10-18-08, 08:12 PM   #5
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Silly question I know, but you are checking this via a right-click?

The default UI's right-click drop-down menu is:
- Whisper
- Invite
- Target
- Ignore
- Report Spam

I've not looked at PlayerLink (or the others), so can't give you any help on that specifically...
10-18-08, 08:19 PM   #6
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Cirk View Post
Silly question I know, but you are checking this via a right-click?

The default UI's right-click drop-down menu is:
- Whisper
- Invite
- Target
- Ignore
- Report Spam

I've not looked at PlayerLink (or the others), so can't give you any help on that specifically...
Yes, I am checking with right-click, but right-click does not open any menu, just goes straight to whisper! PlayerLinkMenu added the extra options to the menu, but now I get nothing at all. Hence my comment about another addon possibly blocking the menu from appearing.
10-18-08, 09:01 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did you try disabling Player Link Menu to see if that itself is what's messing up the right-click menu?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-18-08, 10:32 PM   #8
Ev_
An Aku'mai Servant
Player Link Menu had a config window. I think you can bring it up with /plm
In there you can set click functionality, so perhaps the settings got junked and the only click functionality is rclick to whisper. Give it a look-see.
10-19-08, 04:17 AM   #9
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Did you try disabling Player Link Menu to see if that itself is what's messing up the right-click menu?
Yes, not only disabled but removed it completely (folder and saved variables) and still no right-click menu.
Originally Posted by Ev_ View Post
Player Link Menu had a config window. I think you can bring it up with /plm
In there you can set click functionality, so perhaps the settings got junked and the only click functionality is rclick to whisper. Give it a look-see.
Didn't check the config window, will re-install and see what happens.
11-01-08, 10:44 PM   #10
Marienne
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have the same problem, not with that addon because i dont remember i ever installed it but the fact is, when i right click, all i get is a whisper...

have u been able to fix it? if so could u send me how???

thanks in advance

Marienne

PS: does anyone know any addon that has this option???
11-01-08, 10:57 PM   #11
Farook
A Molten Giant

I have replaced PlayerMenu (which I've been using for ages) with FriendsMenuXP now. It seems like it has not been uploaded here on WoWI by now, so I'll give you the link from Curse:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s-menu-xp.aspx

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Looking for Player Link Menu replacement