View Poll Results: Would you Volunteer as a Coder, Writer, Spell Checker, or Tester if asked ?
Yes - I would be intrested in helping out. 10 55.56%
Maybe - If I have the time. 0 0%
No - I dont want to or dont have the time. 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-25-09, 03:34 PM   #1
askjosh
A Murloc Raider
Lightbulb Please make this open source and accept help from others.

Dear Carbonite Authors,

I understand that you want to keep control of your addon because its like your baby. You created it and brought it into this world so I can totally understand why you don't want to let other people touch the code.

However with that being said you told us that because the sales are not what they were before you just don't have the luxury of being able to devote as much time to this project as you have in the past.

So I propose that you create and application process and hire on volunteer coders, writers, and testers to assist you with updating the database, fixing bugs and implementing new features. To this end you can take advantage of the free resources at source forge to assist with implementation of an SVN repository and the overall project management.

This will allow you to devote the little bit of time you have in focusing on the course and direction of your addon, (the big picture) without having to worry about all of the little stuff.

As for my part in this I don't know much about coding I can help with the database. Adding new quests is fairly easy to do even for someone like myself that has little to no knowledge of LUA scripting as I already have a template to work off of.

Signed,
Joshua
Magi of The Knights of Justice.
Server: The Silver Hand

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Please make this open source and accept help from others.