11-13-09, 07:50 PM   #1
Cantankerous
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Lightbulb Jewelcrafting Daily addon

Every time I do a JC daily quest, I have to go to the bank and:

- unstack 1 gem of type A
- unstack 1 gem of type B
- click on quest item to combine with the gems

I'd like an addon to automatically grab the 2 gems I need for my current daily quest from the bank at the very least, and then combine them with the quest item for the win.

Yes I am that lazy. But I think all Jewelcrafters would dig this.
11-13-09, 08:31 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rofl, I used to do that on a daily basis and never even thought of making an addon for it. Too late now as I don't play WoW anymore. Theoretically I think it is possible but not sure if it is easy to do if it is possible.

Then again, looking at wowwiki I don't think there is a function to grab an item out of the bank slot. You can count how many items you have including in the bank but doesn't look like there is a function to grab the items.

BankButtonIDToInvSlotID(buttonID, isBag) - Returns the ID number of a bank button or bag in terms of inventory slot ID.
CloseBankFrame() - Close the bank frame if it's open.
GetBankSlotCost(numSlots) - Returns the cost of the next bank slot.
GetNumBankSlots() - Returns total purchased bank bag slots, and a flag indicating if it's full.
PurchaseSlot() - Buys another bank slot if available.
As you can see none of these functions tells you what is in a slot let alone how to grab it out. All we can say is you have 10 of those items all in the bank so go get it quick
11-13-09, 09:48 PM   #3
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Personally, since I'm a jewelcrafter, I keep the mats for my chosen profession on me. It makes it REALLY easy to do the JC daily...
11-13-09, 09:54 PM   #4
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Reagent Restocker had the ability to stock in your inventory a certain number of items, even add to or take from your bank (I don't remember if you had to click a 'restock' button or not, but still..). I do think this idea is possible as a plug in to another addon such as RR (to save time from coding from scratch.. if RR is even still current). I don't think it's possible to combine the quest items, however. That would require an actual hardware event.

The issue here, would be how to make the addon update which items were needed from bank. If it's managed properly, I think it would be a great Daily addon, not just for JC.

Like Xrystal, I'm not currently playing either though.
11-16-09, 11:39 AM   #5
Cantankerous
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Jzar View Post
Personally, since I'm a jewelcrafter, I keep the mats for my chosen profession on me. It makes it REALLY easy to do the JC daily...
I keep the mats for my chosen CLASS on me: i.e., essentially 3 full sets of gear. My bags are big, my bags are full.

My JC is 450, I only craft gems on request, there's no point in devoting 6 slots to low level gems for a once-a-day quest.

I'll look into Reagent Restocker. I can see the trick would be for my dream addon to look at your current quest or quest item and grab the corresponding gems.
11-16-09, 12:09 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
I keep the mats for my chosen CLASS on me: i.e., essentially 3 full sets of gear. My bags are big, my bags are full.

My JC is 450, I only craft gems on request, there's no point in devoting 6 slots to low level gems for a once-a-day quest.

I'll look into Reagent Restocker. I can see the trick would be for my dream addon to look at your current quest or quest item and grab the corresponding gems.
That was exactly my problem too. My JCer was my priest and she had her healing and dps set on her at all times. And of course the gem cutting tools required to cut peoples gems on the fly. My own personal stuff though was kept in the bank.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Jewelcrafting Daily addon