07-13-10, 01:13 PM   #121
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
Cairenn, there are a whole lot of new addons suddenly being uploaded. I'm hoping that people aren't trying to abuse the system. I don't want to sound mean or rude; but it would be unfair for the people that have been around for quite some time. I was just hoping you noticed the sudden increase of newly uploaded (single) addons, and that your taking that into consideration.
Have faith in the staff. I'm sure addons such as this won't qualify the author for a key.

I know firsthand that there are several uploads that were curse/wowace only (see that shiny green text to the left?). Although it's redundant to do so here as curse is holding the same giveaway now. Honestly, I expect 90% of these "new uploads" will get buried when/if they get a key and/or release rolls around.

Go ahead, you can quote me on it later.
07-13-10, 01:19 PM   #122
Riokou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is anyone else getting "The login server is currently busy" when they try to log in to the actual client? I finished patching it late last night and was getting various "can't log in" errors. There's a thread on the beta forums that might be about the same problem I'm having. I can't post on the beta forums because I don't have any characters to select to post as even though I copied my main over before I started patching (and it was instantly successful). I figured the maintenance would fix everything but I guess not. =/
07-13-10, 01:24 PM   #123
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Riokou View Post
Is anyone else getting "The login server is currently busy" when they try to log in to the actual client? I finished patching it late last night and was getting various "can't log in" errors. There's a thread on the beta forums that might be about the same problem I'm having. I can't post on the beta forums because I don't have any characters to select to post as even though I copied my main over before I started patching (and it was instantly successful). I figured the maintenance would fix everything but I guess not. =/
Yes, please see this thread where we are discussing it: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=33899
07-13-10, 01:27 PM   #124
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Have faith in the staff. I'm sure addons such as this won't qualify the author for a key.

I know firsthand that there are several uploads that were curse/wowace only (see that shiny green text to the left?). Although it's redundant to do so here as curse is holding the same giveaway now. Honestly, I expect 90% of these "new uploads" will get buried when/if they get a key and/or release rolls around.

Go ahead, you can quote me on it later.
I know Chaos I do have faith in the staff. I'm just so disappointed at these attempts to get beta keys. I just hope it doesn't hurt our community as a whole. We have a great bunch of people here. Yes Chaos even yourself I like your blunt direct way of responding to people.

I didn't know that curse was holding the same event. WOW :X

if (sizeof(sadness) > sizeof(happiness)) { initDepression(); }
07-13-10, 01:27 PM   #125
Lanzelot
A Murloc Raider
In february i made easy mail addon.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...?id=17191#info
Today upload this on site, becouse i want beta key.
I read rules:
You must be an addon author with one or more files on the site that are current to 3.3.x (Plugins/Patches, Compilations & "Hello world" or its equivalent do not count).
..and don't find mail addons in this list. So why "Not Eligible for a key"? Or it hello world addon?
Sry for my english
Just i very very want to prepare my ui to cataclysm =)
07-13-10, 01:37 PM   #126
hank
A Murloc Raider

Spend more time checking if some of these "daffy" (haha u get it? no? Oh .. i mean ...Duffed U :/) Compilations deserve a Key instead of uploading < 1kb Addons! : P
07-13-10, 01:40 PM   #127
Lanzelot
A Murloc Raider
guy from my forum upload addon in 40 lines and get betakey
07-13-10, 01:52 PM   #128
AtliThor
Now in color!

Originally Posted by Lanzelot View Post
guy from my forum upload addon in 40 lines and get betakey
It's not the amount of lines that counts, it's how you use them

I'd actually be very interested in seeing this 40 line addon. Could you post a link to it?
07-13-10, 01:56 PM   #129
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
I know Chaos I do have faith in the staff. I'm just so disappointed at these attempts to get beta keys. I just hope it doesn't hurt our community as a whole. We have a great bunch of people here. Yes Chaos even yourself I like your blunt direct way of responding to people.

I didn't know that curse was holding the same event. WOW :X
No worries there Xruptor; this community is run (and populated) by the best group of people on the web. If we could get through the RealID fiasco without a hitch, this is a piece of cake! Or pie...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-13-10, 01:59 PM   #130
Lanzelot
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by AtliThor View Post
It's not the amount of lines that counts, it's how you use them

I'd actually be very interested in seeing this 40 line addon. Could you post a link to it?
no =( He playing in beta now and i can't asking he -)
But as he say he very surprised what he get a key, becouse his addon in 40 lines
07-13-10, 02:02 PM   #131
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Soo.. You don't know the name of the addon, OR the author?

Hmmm...

*Hoping the sense of irony implied by the "hmmm..." is not lost in translation...*

07-13-10, 02:03 PM   #132
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

But as he say he very surprised what he get a key, becouse his addon in 40 lines
If the addon is 40 lines of code and is actually unique and or useful, then I would see why. Otherwise, unless you actually POST a link to this addon or forum post then your just trolling. (using excuses)

if (sizeof(sadness) > sizeof(happiness)) { initDepression(); }
07-13-10, 02:11 PM   #133
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Don't really see the point though in going into the comments on addons to accuse the author of this and that. Just let the admins/mods handle it.
07-13-10, 02:14 PM   #134
unlimit
Lookin' Good

I'd generally agree, if not for the fact that some people actually have said the reason for their upload was because of the give-away.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
07-13-10, 02:15 PM   #135
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Ailae View Post
Don't really see the point though in going into the comments on addons to accuse the author of this and that. Just let the admins/mods handle it.
Well, the author in question has this on his info page;

One button - all mails!
Dears admins/moderators. You delete this addons two times and left message:"Uploading work that is not their own", BUT ITS MY ADDON! Yes it very easy and small, and similar in purpose to other addons, but i made this in february! Dont delete this again please!
To me, anyway, this kinda opens it up to some criticism...

07-13-10, 02:20 PM   #136
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Maybe that particular one had it coming, but it's not the only one being subject to this. But anyway, just my opinion, don't want to go on about it.
07-13-10, 02:21 PM   #137
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/me clears her throat.

*ahem*

You guys know better.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-13-10, 02:21 PM   #138
Lanzelot
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Well, the author in question has this on his info page;

To me, anyway, this kinda opens it up to some criticism...
I bad understand what you sayd but about
Dears admins/moderators. You delete this addons two times and left message:"Uploading work that is not their own", BUT ITS MY ADDON! Yes it very easy and small, and similar in purpose to other addons, but i made this in february! Dont delete this again please!
...how sayd admin on email, moderator deleted this by mistake
I'm sorry but you uploaded during a time of many people were uploading AddOns that they did not own in hopes for a key. Your AddOn fit that profile.
07-13-10, 02:37 PM   #139
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Going around to people's newly uploaded addons and accusing them of uploading it solely for the purpose of getting into the Cataclysm beta is not only immature, it discourages them from continuing to use WoWInterface because of how rude the community here is to them.
07-13-10, 02:43 PM   #140
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
Agreed. I'm not gonna go into their comments to flame them about an addon. However I may be thinking it. Please be civil and have faith in the admins.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away!