03-30-07, 10:31 AM   #1
dragonclaw7000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Unhappy Best key combo addon ever... but broken :/

One day i found this key binding addon that allows you to make key trees.

Like:

Code:
Main - | Aspects F | Traps G | Other H |
       | Monkey F  | Etc   F | Etc   F |
       | Hawk   G  | Etc   G | Etc   G |
       | Chetah H  | Etc   H | Etc   H |
This means that if i press "f,f" I will cast Aspect of the Monkey! Or "g,h" who is some sort of trap!

Its realy neat. But since the 2.0 change it isnt working anymore. Can someone please take a look at it and maybe fix it?

Heres the file (its NOT a zip. U need to rename the extension to "rar"):
Attached Files
File Type: zip MultiKeyBind.zip (6.4 KB, 723 views)

Last edited by dragonclaw7000 : 03-30-07 at 10:34 AM.
03-30-07, 11:19 AM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by dragonclaw7000
One day i found this key binding addon that allows you to make key trees.

Like:

Code:
Main - | Aspects F | Traps G | Other H |
       | Monkey F  | Etc   F | Etc   F |
       | Hawk   G  | Etc   G | Etc   G |
       | Chetah H  | Etc   H | Etc   H |
This means that if i press "f,f" I will cast Aspect of the Monkey! Or "g,h" who is some sort of trap!

Its realy neat. But since the 2.0 change it isnt working anymore. Can someone please take a look at it and maybe fix it?

Heres the file (its NOT a zip. U need to rename the extension to "rar"):
It's impossible in 2.0 (at least, it wouldn't work in combat). Addon's can't dynamically update their keybindings, so you wouldn't be able to provide such a functionality.
03-30-07, 12:20 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Unless keybindings were per slot and the addon merely changed paged the bar or changed the spell on the bar.... I'm not a coder though and am not an authority on what can and cannot be done. :P Just thinking if keybindings were for the slot instead of the ability - they wouldn't need to be changed........
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-30-07, 12:33 PM   #4
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Seerah
Unless keybindings were per slot and the addon merely changed paged the bar or changed the spell on the bar.... I'm not a coder though and am not an authority on what can and cannot be done. :P Just thinking if keybindings were for the slot instead of the ability - they wouldn't need to be changed........
Hrm, paging would work, I didn't put that thought in... it does sound like a bit of a mess though
03-30-07, 12:48 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah... Or it could be something like AutoBar, but you'd need to make the popup buttons secure... Mages would love having something like that, too, for portals, etc.

OP, have you given Henge a try? It works for all classes and you can set it up however you like. It doesn't work the same way as the first addon you mentioned, though...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-05-07, 08:41 AM   #6
dragonclaw7000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well u got it a bit wrong. When u asign a spell u give the command the eh... "spell id" like "beastlore" or "aspectofthecheetah".
04-05-07, 08:56 AM   #7
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I'm not a LUA coder so I can't really ascertain how much of a hack or whether this would work or not.

What about a mod where it has several key binds that fire either the same, or different functions based on that key. F fires mbAspects() B fires mbBuffs() or what have you. Then once that particular function is fired it traps the next key press. It checks that key press against a defined list of follow up keys basically using one big switch statement. If a matching key is found then it fires the spell associated, otherwise it does nothing as it's not a recognized key combo.

Thoughts on this?
04-05-07, 09:16 AM   #8
tardmrr
Lua Ninja
Originally Posted by Shirik
It's impossible in 2.0 (at least, it wouldn't work in combat). Addon's can't dynamically update their keybindings, so you wouldn't be able to provide such a functionality.
BZZZT Wrong. It can be done "easily" with a state header. In fact, I think one of Iriel's example addons shows exactly how to do this. It just comes down to a set of buttons with statebutton attributes being driven by a header.
04-19-07, 12:50 AM   #9
dragonclaw7000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well if u dont understand what i mean then u can take a look at the attached file. Its the old outdated addon. Maybe it can be fixed? I dont know anything about LUA so i cant do it myself

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Best key combo addon ever... but broken :/