11-19-08, 09:06 AM   #1
cardoon1
A Defias Bandit
Tooltips

How can I get rid of the tooltips that keep popping up everytime I mouse over something. It blocks my view of things and really anoying. If not get rid of them then move them so there not attached to the item?
11-19-08, 09:14 AM   #2
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
First we need to know what ToolTip addon you use.
11-19-08, 09:15 AM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try tiptac. It has an anchor you can drag to where ever you want, and can scale it to whatever size you want.
11-19-08, 09:16 AM   #4
cardoon1
A Defias Bandit
I have that but you need to put your cursor over the item and with the tooltips I'm refering to I cant get the mouse over them? I have pearl UI if that matters?
11-19-08, 09:30 AM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not certain I understand what you mean, is it possible to give a SS of the problem, with some added information?

If you need to enable showing the anchor to lock the Tooltip in place, try /tiptac . When the menu shows up enable the anchor being seen, drag it to where you want it and that should work. There seems to be a few mods though, I've noticed, that show a tooltip where ever it wants (example.. in my chat mod I have item links enabled to show when you hover your mouse over the item linked in chat. That tooltip covers nearly my entire chatframe sometimes and sticks there until I mouse over something else.)
11-19-08, 09:47 AM   #6
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I'm not certain I understand what you mean, is it possible to give a SS of the problem, with some added information?

If you need to enable showing the anchor to lock the Tooltip in place, try /tiptac . When the menu shows up enable the anchor being seen, drag it to where you want it and that should work. There seems to be a few mods though, I've noticed, that show a tooltip where ever it wants (example.. in my chat mod I have item links enabled to show when you hover your mouse over the item linked in chat. That tooltip covers nearly my entire chatframe sometimes and sticks there until I mouse over something else.)
Last time I wanted to do /tiptac it didn't do anything. It's /tip instead.

For the rest, follow instructions as given by Yhor
11-20-08, 04:46 PM   #7
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mousetip will allow you to set where the tooltip is shown on a per-button/per-frame basis, although it can require some playing around with the slash commands at the start to tell it where you want the tooltip for each button type.

It doesn't (yet) allow you to do this for every button/frame that has a tooltip, since it originally was intended to only override positioning for the default tooltips (those that would normally show up in the bottom right of the screen without any other addon), but I'm hoping to get around to extending that feature one of these days...
11-20-08, 05:10 PM   #8
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Looks like nice ToolTip there Cirk. I may give that a try.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Tooltips