10-17-09, 09:46 AM   #1
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Pixelperfect

Hi all!
My problem is that some lines and point's won't go pixelperfect in WoW at me. I can't show this, because a screenshot will look good. I use .64 UI scale, 1440x900 reso, refresh rate I don't know from the top of my head and 32 bit colors. The funny part is, when I for example move a panel 1 pixel downwards it is always pixel perfect, but 1 pixel upwards is scr*wed up again. Help!
10-18-09, 08:11 AM   #2
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I have encountered this little issue, too. But, I think there is no way to "fix" it. Guess we have to live with it and move thin lines/borders until the engine draws them correctly. However, it's a little easier without using an UI scale, it seems.
10-18-09, 09:12 AM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
try running this ingame (credits to tukz)
/run SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"))
10-26-09, 11:38 AM   #4
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

I'm bumping this thread because my problem hasn't been solved yet. To clarify what I mean I added a picture. This picture is a button taken from my UI. At first it looks just normal but if you look closer(open it in photoshop and zoom in for example) you'll see that the top of the button is all blurry. The weird part is that the original .tga file is not blurry at all, and if I move the button and reloadUI(the button get's rendered again) than it will be blurry, but then on a different way(the whole button, another side, etc). But sometimes when I place it somewhere it is pixelperfect and will look nice. But usualy is that not the place where I want the button. So please WoWInterface members, pimp my pixelperfectness.
Attached Images

10-26-09, 12:03 PM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

As was stated above we have all run in to this issue. And i have not seen a solution for it myself. Also as Dawn has mentioned it seems to happen less often when using UI scale in the interface options. Its a quirk of the rendering engine (in combination with UI scale it would seem) in the game so its beyond our control.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-26-09, 12:09 PM   #6
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Slider does give improved results, thanks. Apparently 0.63999998569489 is not the same 0.64 when rendering.
10-26-09, 12:36 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
try running this ingame (credits to tukz)
/run SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"))
This is how you find the "perfect" scale for your resolution.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-26-09, 01:05 PM   #8
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
This is how you find the "perfect" scale for your resolution.

Does not work, it is still the same non-pixelperfectness. Also, I think Tuk doesn't use this script to find the "perfect" scale for that resolution, I think he uses it to find the "perfect" scale for HIS UI.
10-26-09, 04:34 PM   #9
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
No Nightcracker, it is pixelperfect. If you want edges that are more rough, you might need to adjust the multisampling (to 2 or even 1)
10-27-09, 12:15 AM   #10
zero-kill
A Firelord

It can't get anymore perfect... for this game
01-13-10, 12:27 PM   #11
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Ok, I found out the problem and solved it.

What I want is no anti-aliasing. Multisampling x1 should do that. Because I play Windowed Mode, Disable-resize, maximized it doesn't. And now I've found a way to still disable the damn anti-aliasing screwing up my 1px lines. nHancer. It only works for nVidia cards though. You can basicly set all kind of settings for each .exe, and what I did is disable anti-aliasing for wow.exe.

Done and happy!
01-13-10, 12:36 PM   #12
Zergreth
A Fallenroot Satyr

You can do that in the nVidia control panel as well, and you could've set multisampling to x1 in the WoW graphics options.
01-13-10, 01:31 PM   #13
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Zergreth View Post
You can do that in the nVidia control panel as well, and you could've set multisampling to x1 in the WoW graphics options.
"Multisampling x1 should do that. Because I play Windowed Mode, Disable-resize, maximized it doesn't."

nHancer is an alternative nVidia control panel, because I don't have the nVidia control panel installed.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Pixelperfect