06-11-17, 05:48 PM   #1
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
[Update] 8.1 r20

8.1 r20

New Error Catcher

!BugGrabber and Bugger have been replaced with a new addon: RealUI_Bugs. With this new addon I am able to integrate error alerts much more tightly into RealUI. In the future this will also allow for targeted debugging info to be added directly into the error report. Note: This will never contain a character's name or other information that could positively identify a specific character.

When an error occurs, there will be a one line chat output and the Infobar start button will change to a bug icon along with the total number of errors. To view the error you can click the chat link, use the new start menu item, or /error.

This is a required addon, and any other bug catching addons will be disabled if not removed.

Channeled Spells

The list of channeled spells has been fully updated. Additionally, haste is now account for so you'll be able to see new tick markers added as you gain more haste.

Please do not post bugs/errors in this thread.

06-11-17, 07:11 PM   #2
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
This is a required addon, and any other bug catching addons will be disabled if not removed.
I don't currently use RealUI, but have in the past. My question is if someone wants to continue using !BugGrabber and BugSack/Bugger/!Swatter. Will your new solution outright replace such addons for users who need an error catching addon for non-RealUI addons?

Meaning, if I am writing MyAddon, and I know there will be bugs as I develop it, will RealUI_Bugs provide the necessary tools, even though MyAddon has nothing to do with RealUI?

06-11-17, 07:26 PM   #3
overtheandyhill
A Kobold Labourer
I'm going on multiple months without access to the artifact pane when using RealUI, and specifically with Aurora enabled. If I uncheck Aurora, I can have access no problem. I've reached out through Github and been told my version of LibArtifactData is out of date, which is wrong. I am completely up to date. here is the error:

201x FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:125: Usage: local cost = C_ArtifactUI.GetCostForPointAtRank(rank, tier)
[C]:: in function 'GetCostForPointAtRank'
FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:125: in function <FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:123>
...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0-5.lua:234: in function <...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0.lua:229>
...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0-5.lua:295: in function <...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0.lua:282>
...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0-5.lua:313: in function <...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0.lua:312>

This is beyond frustrating.

06-11-17, 07:52 PM   #4
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
I don't currently use RealUI, but have in the past. My question is if someone wants to continue using !BugGrabber and BugSack/Bugger/!Swatter. Will your new solution outright replace such addons for users who need an error catching addon for non-RealUI addons?

Meaning, if I am writing MyAddon, and I know there will be bugs as I develop it, will RealUI_Bugs provide the necessary tools, even though MyAddon has nothing to do with RealUI?
Yes and yes. The new addon is made with !BugGrabber embedded in it, so that API will be available if needed. It also does not do any sort of filtering.

06-11-17, 08:04 PM   #5
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by overtheandyhill View Post
I'm going on multiple months without access to the artifact pane when using RealUI, and specifically with Aurora enabled. If I uncheck Aurora, I can have access no problem. I've reached out through Github and been told my version of LibArtifactData is out of date, which is wrong. I am completely up to date. here is the error:

201x FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:125: Usage: local cost = C_ArtifactUI.GetCostForPointAtRank(rank, tier)
[C]:: in function 'GetCostForPointAtRank'
FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:125: in function <FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:123>
...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0-5.lua:234: in function <...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0.lua:229>
...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0-5.lua:295: in function <...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0.lua:282>
...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0-5.lua:313: in function <...lUI\Libs\LibArtifactData-1.0\LibArtifactData-1.0.lua:312>

This is beyond frustrating.
Try out this r20 update and see if you still get the error. If so, by all means post the error (in a new thread) and i'll see what I can do.

06-12-17, 12:07 PM   #6
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes and yes. The new addon is made with !BugGrabber embedded in it, so that API will be available if needed. It also does not do any sort of filtering.
Awesome, thanks Gethe!

06-14-17, 12:20 PM   #7
jmcgrath
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Any way to set the error message to hide?
As you can imagine, there are a lot of issues on patch day, and I literally can't see chat without a wall of lua error messages. The other addons hid those.

06-14-17, 01:35 PM   #8
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by jmcgrath View Post
Any way to set the error message to hide?
As you can imagine, there are a lot of issues on patch day, and I literally can't see chat without a wall of lua error messages. The other addons hid those.
This specifically was one of the reasons I made the new addon, to make errors more visible not less. They won't get fixed by burying one's head in the sand, and need to be reported to the appropriate addon's author.

If an addon is erroring so much that it's covering the chat, you're probably better off disabling that addon until it's updated.

06-14-17, 04:07 PM   #9
jmcgrath
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

This specifically was one of the reasons I made the new addon, to make errors more visible not less. They won't get fixed by burying one's head in the sand, and need to be reported to the appropriate addon's author.

If an addon is erroring so much that it's covering the chat, you're probably better off disabling that addon until it's updated.
I'm in agreement with you in terms of not burying one's head and assisting in bugfixing, but I'm noting the instances where the same bug from the same addon is being highlighted repeatedly in chat. So instead of one mention of a lua error, it is actually posting each count of such an error to chat. It would work better if it only mentioned each individual error (per failing addon, or type of failure per addon) once, no?

06-14-17, 10:51 PM   #10
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by jmcgrath View Post
I'm in agreement with you in terms of not burying one's head and assisting in bugfixing, but I'm noting the instances where the same bug from the same addon is being highlighted repeatedly in chat. So instead of one mention of a lua error, it is actually posting each count of such an error to chat. It would work better if it only mentioned each individual error (per failing addon, or type of failure per addon) once, no?
That's fair, I'll see about adding some amount of throttling to the chat output.

06-15-17, 11:25 AM   #11
jmcgrath
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks for considering it.

08-30-17, 02:00 AM   #12
DarthKraze
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Any chance at a changelog? Thanks!

08-30-17, 04:36 PM   #13
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
changelogs are on the download page

03-20-18, 04:18 AM   #14
Nomaddc
A Cliff Giant
A question: I noticed aurora fails to skin everything (for example recap button on death, or most buttons on character select screen), any plans on addressing that? I used to use Aurora Missing Textures, but it seems like it was updated in 2015 last time, so I'm afraid it may not be compatible/can cause issues.

Also current version has issues with Order Hall artifact lore books - on pages where weapon picture is supposed to be it is misaligned (half the weapon image is "out of bounds" of the page to the left, or other weird text formatting issues pop up there.

03-20-18, 11:31 AM   #15
Nomaddc
A Cliff Giant
Also getting a lot of this:

x1 [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn 'Aurora' tried to call the protected function 'CompactPartyFrame:unusedFunc()'.
Stack: ...e\RealUI_Bugs\Libs\!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:573: in function <...e\RealUI_Bugs\Libs\!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:573>
[C] in function 'unusedFunc'
...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:160: in function 'CompactRaidFrameContainer_LayoutFrames'
...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:130: in function 'CompactRaidFrameContainer_TryUpdate'
...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:57: in function 'CompactRaidFrameContainer_OnEvent'
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>
Time: 2018/03/20 20:30:55 Index: 1/1
Version: 8.1 r20h
Locals:

03-20-18, 02:40 PM   #16
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Don't post errors in the sticky threads. Look for an existing thread that mentions the issue, or make a new one.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » [Update] 8.1 r20