01-14-07, 04:48 PM   #1
Zenima
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Dongle

Could somebody tell me what Dongle is exactly? I see more and more addon developers using this framework (instead of Ace2) but I've only found only this link without download possibilities or any further information. Is this little tool only used by exclusive mod authors like Cladhaire, Tekkub, and haste, or simply I'm too fool to find the link? (I'm not really familiar with Google Code..)
Thanks for the answers in advance, and a big /respect to the above mentioned guys/gals for your work in the addon development community =)

-- Zeni
01-14-07, 04:58 PM   #2
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'll work on getting some more information up on wowwiki, but its a small addon framework that tries to bring things back to the simplicity of the original Ace framework, just the things that most/every addon needs to operate, to make development a bit faster.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-14-07, 04:59 PM   #3
tardmrr
Lua Ninja
Dongle is a very minimal addon development framework. It's still in beta, and since I'm sure clad is going to beat me to posting anyway, I'll let him tell you more.
01-14-07, 04:59 PM   #4
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

There's an SVN there (click that "Source" tab), you can hop in and read the code all ya want.
01-14-07, 05:04 PM   #5
Zenima
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you very much for the quick answers! And a question, may I use it in my own addons or it is not allowed?

EDIT: Found the answer :p

Last edited by Zenima : 01-14-07 at 05:08 PM.
01-14-07, 05:17 PM   #6
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Only use the tags, never trunk.
01-14-07, 05:35 PM   #7
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
If you plan to use dongle, you should probably hop on the discussion list.. but you're more than welcome to.. there are just things that will make your life easier =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Dongle