04-14-13, 11:42 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

First use of latest Alpha 5.2.1.2

Until an hour ago, I've been using only the released version. I thought I'd try your in-work Alpha.
I'm now trying the Alpha 5.2.1 (rev 2) which you just released.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to get used to the new GUI, options, etc. But, I can't figure out a couple of things, and the options I saw to enable them, don't seem to work.

I saw no option to merge/display the icons which are on Blizzard's minimap into the Carbonite map(s). Note: I do not prefer to 'move' Blizzard's minimap inside the Carbonite map. I like them separated from each other.

1. On neither the Carbonite maps (large one & small one) do I see any POI icons except for the Flightmaster icon. None of the others show up (for instance: Inn, Auction House, Bank, etc.). Only the FM icon shows up no matter which city I happen to view?

2. After spending much time configuring settings on one char, I then opened another of my chars so that I could "Copy settings from xxxxx char to the current char." (That option is available in the released version. It's extremely helpful. Without it, every char has to have every option configured manually and redundantly). heh heh.

3. Another thing I noticed is that when I attempt to change things like the 'trail' display times (behind a char when they have traveled some distance) by typing-in values into the little boxes instead of using the slider, they do not always retain the values I enter. Note: Using the slider is very difficult because the cursor covers up the little box so I can't see the numbers it's putting in.

Some of these are simple things and maybe you haven't added them yet, or don't plan to add them? Or else, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places to get the map icons in cities like Stormwind to show up.

Please, let me know what I may be overlooking. So far, other than what I've just mentioned, Carbonite is looking quite good with your improvements!

Edited: Just now noticed also that "Notes" don't display on the maps, either.

Last edited by Kreelor : 04-14-13 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Just noticed that Notes don't display on maps

04-14-13, 07:12 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
1) Flight masters is the only updated portion of guide so far, the rest is next once I get the bugs worked out of the current alpha release. They still rely on the old zone data layout which is why they don't display.

2) You should only need to configure once per account instead of every char, settings are now global across every character. I do still need to add profile support, but i'm trying to figure out the best way to do it.

3) When you manually put a value in a box, make sure to press enter, that tells it to save.

4) The notes should be displaying right... you might need to make them bigger by right clicking the map, selecting Scale, and adjusting Icon Scale. If you imported them, and they still don't show up, it could be a problem with my import... I haven't really been testing import with each new alpha release to make sure it still works. Click the Notes button on the map to see if they are showing up / loaded or not.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » First use of latest Alpha 5.2.1.2