02-11-14, 02:55 AM   #1
Jakobud
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LF Auction addon for crafting mats => craft profit

This is kind of hard to explain maybe, but I'm looking for any kind of auction addon that allows you to search for crafting materials and then search for the items those materials are reagents for and show if you can gain profit or not from buying those mats and then crafting and selling that object.

For example, I'm a blacksmith and I want to craft and sell some item. The addon would search the AH for that item and report the price (for example 500g) and then also search for all the mats required to craft it and report the prices on those (for example 200g) and then tell me the total profit if I bought the mats, crafted the item, then sold the item (in this case 300g profit).

Also, it would work similarly with items that are combined (or broken up) to make other items, like 10x Crystallized Water = 1 Eternal Water. The addon could search for Crystallized Waters and Eternal Waters and then tell you if buying one or the other and then converting to the other and selling it would render a profit or not.

Is there anything like this out there? There are lots of auction addons that allow you to create "shopping lists", but I don't want to sit there and do all the math every time (a time consuming thing when the crafted item requires several different types of mats).
02-11-14, 03:32 AM   #2
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

TradeSkillMaster. It's huge and unwieldy, but offers functionality like no other auction house addon.
02-11-14, 09:35 PM   #3
Jakobud
A Murloc Raider
I've messed with TSM, I did not see how to do what I am describing.
02-12-14, 02:38 AM   #4
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

TSM should replace your trade skill window with a more informative (and ugly) one. This will have an estimation of the price and expected profit of each item. It's also pretty smart about items like eternal water.

Other than that, within the scope of your problem, it:
  • has a really useful "destroy" search on the AH which will help you find items that you can retrieve from others (e.g. strange dust from greens) and give you a price estimation;
  • has a crafting queue which will tell you exactly what to do to retrieve each item (e.g. change character, mail something over from the bank, go to AH, etc.)

If you want something simpler -- and it kills me to describe it this way -- you could try Auctioneer. I'm pretty sure it has modules that will help you in at least some of what you want to do.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF Auction addon for crafting mats => craft profit