04-25-15, 09:10 AM   #1
vlakarados
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tainted action button problem

Greetings,

I have written an addon about a half year ago, and am playing with it all the time. It's an action bar/button mod that adds multiple features. All the time it's been throwing tainting errors I couldn't track down, but maybe I do miss something. Error:

Code:
50x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] Аддон 'myaddon' пытался вызвать защищенную функцию 'OverrideActionBarButton3:Show()'.
!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:586: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:586>
[C]: in function `Show'
FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:301: in function `ActionButton_Update'
FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:577: in function `ActionButton_OnEvent'
FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:137: in function <FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:134>

Locals:
nil
Translation: "Addon 'myaddon' tried to call a protected function 'OverrideActionBarButton3:Show()'.

I have enabled the taint log and it does not say anything more (even with taintLog=2) than the same as error above. It does not (almost ruin the play) as the buttons are always visible, nothing disappears or stops working.

From my experience this only happens when the spell flash animation starts playing on the action button while I'm in combat. Say a Molten Core buff procs on a Demo warlock, the Soul Fire lights up, the error is thrown.

(1) What I understood about tainting from reading here/ace/pedia is that tainting only happens if you modify something that is used by the blizz code, but not parts of it like adding table keys should not taint the object itself. <- please correct me if I'm wrong.

So my question is, for this situation which of these may cause the taint:

Lua Code:
  1. actionbutton.icon:SetTexCoord(...)
  2. actionbutton.mykey = myval -- should not if the statement (1) is right, right?

P.S. I double checked that I have NOT overriden :Show().

Thanks in advance.
04-25-15, 10:15 AM   #2
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
We need to see your code. Do you call the show/hide Overlay stuff in anywhere in your code?
04-25-15, 11:26 AM   #3
vlakarados
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
We need to see your code. Do you call the show/hide Overlay stuff in anywhere in your code?
There's too much code there, but I don't hesitate to show it, maybe better you tell me which parts to paste? I hide stuff such as macro text, hotkey text etc.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Tainted action button problem