08-22-06, 09:20 PM   #1
Yazel
A Defias Bandit
DONOT DOWNLOAD Langend UI

i just download langend ui pack and i got this message

Access To The Object C:\...\Langend 1.12.0.exe is blocked. object is a Trojan Trojan-PSW.Win32.Lineage.acn You are Adviced To Delete this Object.

PSW Trojans

This family of Trojans steals passwords, normally system passwords from victim machines. They search for system files which contain confidential information such as passwords and Internet access telephone numbers and then send this information to an email address coded into the body of the Trojan. It will then be retrieved by the 'master' or user of the illegal program.

Some PSW Trojans steal other types of information such as:

* System details (memory, disk space, operating system details)
* Local email client
* IP-address
* Registration details
* Passwords for on-line games

Trojan-AOL are PSW Trojans that steal passwords for aol (American Online) They are contained in a sub-groups because they are so numerous.
08-22-06, 09:21 PM   #2
Seraphine
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you.
08-22-06, 09:28 PM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
The Langend UI located here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5260 is just a self extracting rar archive and I have checked it out and dont find anything bad... If you have winrar installed you can see for your self there is nothing wrong with it.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-22-06 at 09:30 PM.
08-22-06, 09:35 PM   #4
Yazel
A Defias Bandit
it is a trojan

It Is Corrupted i have run serval test and retrive the trojan chek out with symantec Kaspersky it have a PWS class trojan
08-22-06, 09:59 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
/sigh

No, it isn't. We check everything very very carefully before allowing it on our site. After all, it's our reputation at stake here. There is no trojan in the file. You are getting false positives from your scanner. That happens some times.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-22-06, 10:13 PM   #6
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
We appreciate your report and I did invesitage the file as soon as you posted. I downloaded the .exe and I ran it on a clean system with various monitoring tools along with the latest version of Trend Micro. I found the exe to be a self extracting rar file created by winrar. Inside the only files are .lua, .blp, .xml, etc... all safe interface files. You can also right click the file and tell winrar to extract the files manually and I didnt find anything doing it that way as well. Our server also runs linux clamscan on the filevault and would have removed the file and sent me a report too.
04-02-07, 11:33 PM   #7
Tyrnal
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

entertaining that this is the first time I've heard that there is apperently a virus in my UI, I can assure you I scan everything I get every night, w/ updates 2hrs before scans. There is no virus. Sadly I've discontinued Langend a while back. Use Mazzle, no viruses there. Unless you want to use whatever virus scanner he's using, then there's plenty.

Thank you for your quick response to this Cairenn and Dolby, I'm glad my reputation wasn't sullied too badly here.

Last edited by Tyrnal : 04-02-07 at 11:35 PM. Reason: appreciation

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » DONOT DOWNLOAD Langend UI