05-22-09, 06:36 PM   #1
Kesshi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Lightweight, local storage DKP mod. Does one exist?

Hello everyone,

The short:

I am looking for a simple DKP addon which stores information locally. Every DPK addon that I have researched stores information online somewhere, and I'd rather keep the information stored locally. Preferably with a zero-sum system.

I will not need DKP over time functionality.
I will not need DKP per boss kills functionality.
I will not need a spreadsheet-dump functionality (but it would be nice to have.)

Does an add-on like this exist?

The long:

This is for PuGs on my server, and I've always kept things on group loot. However during the last few runs I've lead I have received a lot of complants about people taking gear that wasn't intended for them or gear for "off-specs." Unfortunately some of the petty bickerings have lead to premature endings of the raid. Thus I think it is time to use master loot and implement some sort of DKP system for PuGs.

If the system doesn't have a zero-sum setup, I am open to doing a lot of manual work. For example I am okay with manually selecting everyone in the raid receiving DKP and applying N points to them. Mostly, I am looking for an interface which can let me quickly add N points to individuals without keeping a separate spreadsheet log of everyone open at the same time I lead the PuGs.

Thank you.
05-22-09, 07:10 PM   #2
Balsta
if your doing this for pugs stay away from dkp. youre just asking for way more trouble than its worth.. Try something like SucideKings its simple and no need to track dkp but still determines how loot will be passed out.
05-22-09, 07:11 PM   #3
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
First: I don't know of any DKP add-on for pugs.
Second: I think your over complicating this. What you could do instead is this:
You tell people that they only can need two items per instance and introduce two roll systems. If people roll with 100 they need for the item, if people roll with 50 they greed for the item. A need roll is _alway_ stronger than a greed roll. So if one person rolls 50/50 (ie. greed) and another person rolls 1/100 (ie. need) -- the person who need should get the item. This also means that you should have an eye out for main spec > off spec.

Every time someone wins an item with their need roll they use up one of their two items they can receive. They will only be allowed to greed if they hit the limit of two items.

This is how we usually run our "guild" pugs, and from a loot distributer PoV it is a good and fairly easy system. Just make sure you inform people in the start, and new people along the run.

As with most system you have issues here, and that is that people will use up their two need rolls and ninja go offline. There isn't much you can do about this tho'. People who are afraid to say they have to leave will always do this.

I hope this made sense, not exactly sober atm :p
05-22-09, 07:51 PM   #4
Kesshi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Balsta & haste,

I helped out with many PuG MC runs back in the day, pre TBC, with my 1.12 Naxx guild. We helped gear up many many different players from many different guilds. I say this not to start a debate, but just to let you know that I am aware of what I'm getting myself into. More on the debate subject: I'd rather not turn this into a philosophical debate on whether or not DKP is useful in PuGs or not. As much as I have to say on the subject, I'd like to save it for another thread at another time. But I would be happy to engage you in PMs on this subject so we don't clutter up this board with offtopicness. Oh, and I do appreciate your insight, but my quest for a Local Storage PuG DKP tracker remains.

Don't guilds have moonlighters? That is, aren't there players who are in Guild A that also raid with Guild B from time to time? How is their DKP tracked if thy're not in a guild? Something with this functionality may work for me.

Edit: Also I looked at Suicide Kings. I don't really like it. I won't go into why, but it's not something that I think I would find useful. The other suggestion of limiting people to only a few items won't reward those of us who have been pushing for (example) Maexxna, which is where my Priest's gloves drop. Also who comes in each day changes...well...each day. Sometimes people leave mid-raid and we recruit a new person to fill their spot mid-run. So that "only N items per run" won't work either.

Again, I do appreciate your efforts, but I believe a DKP system will be for the better.

Last edited by Kesshi : 05-22-09 at 08:05 PM.
05-24-09, 07:45 AM   #5
AyaJulia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Almost every DKP mod I've found that doesn't rely on a website feeding it data stores its info in guild notes or guild officer notes. I'm not sure what you're looking for exists.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Lightweight, local storage DKP mod. Does one exist?