07-26-11, 12:36 AM   #1
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

No minimap circle

When I started up WoW today, I discovered that some of my addon configurations had been reset, including Carbonite's.

The minimap was still merged but it was in it's default location (I like to put it up in the top right corner) and some other settings were reset.

In particular, the minimap stays docked in the minimized Carbonite map even when I'm out in the world. It used to appear as a circle around my arrow. I've tried changing it to full size, but then it just covers the whole Carbonite map. I can't find any setting that seems to fix it.

What do I need to do to get it back the way I like it?

Update: I found this in CarboniteReadMe.txt under Minimap: "Ctrl down - Makes integrated minimap draw on top or bottom if already on top" so I tried it. I found that hitting Ctrl by itself makes the minimap circle appear temporarily. "Ctrl down" (tried both scrolling down and hitting the down arrow) had no effect. So this makes me think that the minimap is getting drawn below. So how do I get it to draw on top?

(Also, I tried uninstalling Carbonite and then downloading and installing it again, but that didn't help.)

Last edited by Palladia : 07-27-11 at 04:30 PM.

07-30-11, 06:14 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"Ctrl down" simply means to hold the "ctrl" key down and the Blizzard minimap will be brought to the top in the Carbonite minimized map.

the minimap stays docked in the minimized Carbonite map
I apologize, but can you please define exactly what this phrase means for you. I ask for a definition merely because it means different things for different people. IE: For me, it means that the minimap is attached to one position on the frame (or "docked") inside the Carbonite minimized map, but to others it means the maps are merged.

So this makes me think that the minimap is getting drawn below. So how do I get it to draw on top?
I don't think you really can. BUT, I have been able to make the Blizzard minimap show above the Carbonite minimized map (although, I can't figure out why you would want it to). Open Carbonites options to the "Map Minimap" page and make sure the "Minimap shape is square", "Minimap docks always", and "Minimap docked shape is square" options are UNchecked. Then right click the Carbonite minimized map in a non-icon area and choose "Minimap...". In the "Minimap..." menu, put the "Transparency (number)" slider all the way to the right. That will make it "Transparency (1.00)". That should allow you to always see the Blizzard minimap inside the Carbonite minimized map.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

07-31-11, 08:09 PM   #3
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I don't think you really can. BUT, I have been able to make the Blizzard minimap show above the Carbonite minimized map (although, I can't figure out why you would want it to). Open Carbonites options to the "Map Minimap" page and make sure the "Minimap shape is square", "Minimap docks always", and "Minimap docked shape is square" options are UNchecked. Then right click the Carbonite minimized map in a non-icon area and choose "Minimap...". In the "Minimap..." menu, put the "Transparency (number)" slider all the way to the right. That will make it "Transparency (1.00)". That should allow you to always see the Blizzard minimap inside the Carbonite minimized map.
This did the trick! Just what I was looking for! I guess I must have, at some point in the distance past, moved that Transparency slider and liked it that way. And when I lost my settings, I lost that too and didn't remember it.

Thanks very much!

07-31-11, 08:12 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » No minimap circle