12-28-06, 11:21 AM   #61
boohoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sorry if this has already been asked but will this overide/disable the blizzard raid ui? saving a bit more memory I guess.

12-29-06, 05:48 AM   #62
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're thinking MiniBlizzRaid, which is no longer necessary.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

12-29-06, 04:47 PM   #63
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Although you don't need the Blizz-frames, I still use them. Example: I pull out hunters and warriors for Razorgore, or just 2 or 3 tanks. (btw: if you pull out single Blizz-playerframes you can rightclick-show target - voilį, your very own MTTargets!)

I just like having all 20-40 members alltogether and whoever I need to watch depending on which fight it is.

Edit: What I'm trying to say: there's no need to disable the Blizz-raidframes. While PerfectRaid replaces them, I still think they're good for additional use.

Last edited by Gungolf : 12-30-06 at 01:47 AM.

12-30-06, 05:24 PM   #64
Itania
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hello,

Right now I am planning on a very customizable system with really sane defaults. You will be able to enter the "buff" editor. In the buff editor you are able to specify the following criteria:

* Name of the buff or debuff
* Group name (Alternate name) of the buff debuff

This will be the localized name of the buff, i.e. it will need to be properly localized for non enUS clients, but you are able to change these easily. The group alternate name is there so you can group Mark of the Wild and Gift of the Wild together as a single buff.
For the localized buff, what about the special characters?

In fact, I actually have a problem to display the Power word: fortitude with sRaidFrames as the name of the buff contains a strange special character in his name since the 2.0 patch : "Mot de pouvoir\194\160: Robustesse", same thing with Power word: Shield : "Mot de pouvoir\194\160: Bouclier". In order to display this correctly, I need to type the special character, like "Pričre de robustesse" for the prayer of fortitude ( which is displaying fine ), but I don't know how to do that for \194\160. It seems to be a space in the spellbook, but it is not that.

i'm not sure to be understood, i have some difficulties to formulate my idea in english

Thanks.
Itania

Last edited by Itania : 12-30-06 at 05:30 PM.

12-30-06, 09:56 PM   #65
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
It would need to either be localised by default, or you woudl need to learn to type the character. That's no different from where we are now, however.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

12-31-06, 08:15 PM   #66
Stricker
A Murloc Raider
Do you have an ETA yet?

12-31-06, 08:16 PM   #67
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I've told you, I will try to have something by the the expansion is released, possibly sooner, but I cannot make any firm commitments at this point.

12-31-06, 08:23 PM   #68
cyzz
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Stricker
Do you have an ETA yet?
useless to ask....
i hope for an fork of this mod.

12-31-06, 09:50 PM   #69
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Are you serious?
I'm not going to promise you something and then be called out when I don't deliver.
You're completely and utterly ridiculous.

01-01-07, 03:25 AM   #70
dragzal
A Cyclonian

Don“t get angry about such guys, you make your way.
Happy new year Clad and thanks for your time and work.

Greetings
Dragzal

01-01-07, 05:09 AM   #71
Caprica
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes happy new year Clad -- looking forward to the new ver of PR.

01-01-07, 01:15 PM   #72
shrapnel.
A Kobold Labourer
I post this now because i am tired of using temporary raid frames. I know you say PR 2.0 will be done when its done, you dont owe me nothing. I have been trying to update the old PR to be compatible with WoW v2 and have gotten the frames to come up but you cant click them in combat obvously due to blizzards new secure frame setup. Can you at least release what you have so that others can help you.

01-04-07, 10:05 AM   #73
TigerSmile
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Hello and Happy New Year.

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Clad how you want us to wait? How can it be possible? We know your work .. I mean your great work ... and everytime you provide us an addOn it become a MUST HAVE to play. So please, stop to break our heart by telling us that something new will arrive (especially a raid unitframes like this one) without expecting us to spam you with the famous stupid question: when???

From my own, I won't ask you when my eyes will be able to show it, I won't do it ... I won't ... *This is killing me*.

What can we do for you to help you? Getting out your dog if you got one? Make a cup of coffee? Sleeping for you? Prepare diner? Tell us.

Ok, I must stop writing now otherwise I will start to ask you "when?" but I won't. At least, I take the opportunity to thank you in advance for the time you are spending now for us and I would like other players are able to understand how many time it takes to write an addOn like this one because I know it takes DAYS of your free time. And during these days we are playing, surfing, taking good time while you are working mainly for us.

So A BIG THANKS to you and now ... go to work instead of loosing your time reading stupid post as this one (joking). Sincerely thanks and thanks again.

01-04-07, 10:16 AM   #74
Wikwocket
A Theradrim Guardian
The beta version of Perfect Raid is working quite well, if you guys are getting impatient. It has the basic features, and Clad is adding more with every release.

01-04-07, 10:23 AM   #75
DrStrange
A Kobold Labourer
I was looking for a range mod for bg healing, and I came across your mod a few months back. I have to say that your mod was excellent and I cant imagine how much better you are making. I am thankful of your hard work and interest in this game.

01-04-07, 10:27 AM   #76
TigerSmile
A Murloc Raider
Isn't it a lovely day Thanks Wikwocket.

*Downloaded, tested and enjoyed* but I got a big problem for now ... Clad ... where are the bugs, I can't find any for now but I will find one, I promise you, I will

Yes, I agree, for now, it has only basic feature but omg, I prefere freebug basic features than a mountain of non-usable features.

I read somewhere that the GUI was ugly and orange... it is orange for sure but not ugly at all, it is special and personaly I like it, it is modern and easy to use. And the buff system is very clear and very well thinking.

Thanks again Wilk for your answer which made my day a better day and Clad for your work.

01-04-07, 11:06 AM   #77
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Tigersmile, your posts made me laugh =) Thanks!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion