01-05-07, 01:44 PM   #141
bacon
A Murloc Raider
Cladhaire,

I'm glad to hear you're still looking into tracking your own HoT. Apparently there are some strong opinions on this in both directions, I assume if you could obtain ownership information for each buff on a target the functionality would already be in perfect raid.

I don't want to get so caught up in this that we miss what the value of having that information would be. Personally, I use renew a LOT particularly now that HoTs stack. I can't always keep track in my head who I've thrown it on, and I don't want to cross reference a HoT list or wait 3 seconds reading SCT looking for someone's name *not* to be there.

As far as dispelling is concerned, that's primarily a PvP issue. Most of the time your target won't have more than one of each type of HoT anyway, so it's just hard to care about this problem. Same with swiftmend. In a PvE environment, you throw your HoT on the target and if someone swiftmends it or dispels it well... do you really want to throw a second HoT on? You're probably using healing touch or focusing on a different target.

As a healer I'm looking for ways to focus more on the game than scanning UI elements. At least with my play syle and stacking hots, this is a significant issue for me and those with similar play styles.

In any case, there's no perfect solution because Blizzard's API doesn't allow it but there is certainly a 99% solution which would be fabulous.

Thanks again.
01-05-07, 01:47 PM   #142
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bacon
Cladhaire,

I'm glad to hear you're still looking into tracking your own HoT. Apparently there are some strong opinions on this in both directions, I assume if you could obtain ownership information for each buff on a target the functionality would already be in perfect raid.

I don't want to get so caught up in this that we miss what the value of having that information would be. Personally, I use renew a LOT particularly now that HoTs stack. I can't always keep track in my head who I've thrown it on, and I don't want to cross reference a HoT list or wait 3 seconds reading SCT looking for someone's name *not* to be there.

As far as dispelling is concerned, that's primarily a PvP issue. Most of the time your target won't have more than one of each type of HoT anyway, so it's just hard to care about this problem. Same with swiftmend. In a PvE environment, you throw your HoT on the target and if someone swiftmends it or dispels it well... do you really want to throw a second HoT on? You're probably using healing touch or focusing on a different target.

As a healer I'm looking for ways to focus more on the game than scanning UI elements. At least with my play syle and stacking hots, this is a significant issue for me and those with similar play styles.

In any case, there's no perfect solution because Blizzard's API doesn't allow it but there is certainly a 99% solution which would be fabulous.

Thanks again.
I'd probably consider it if we could get the information. We can't, and its not possible for the client to get that information (Slouken has been quite clear about that). I do not plan to add this to PerfectRaid in any way, shape or form, in the core.

An addon could be released that does this, and hooks right into PerfectRaid, and I'd be more comfortable with that.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-05-07, 03:30 PM   #143
Holydruid
A Murloc Raider
I love PerfectRaid but I have a little problem with the range check (german client). If the check is activated the bars are all equal although some members are out of range some not. It doesn´t matter what I configure at /praid: Either all bars are transparent or all bars are filled normal.
01-05-07, 03:42 PM   #144
anjldust
A Murloc Raider
I suggest Chronometer for people who are having trouble knowing when their HoTs are expiring. It uses a nice timer bar and keeps up with the whole thing for you. Also works for SW:P and other DoTs. It even removes the bar if it gets removed somehow, dispelled, bumped off, etc.

I agree, though, that Perfect Raid doesn't need this ability.
01-05-07, 05:25 PM   #145
Catharr
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by anjldust
I suggest Chronometer for people who are having trouble knowing when their HoTs are expiring. It uses a nice timer bar and keeps up with the whole thing for you. Also works for SW:P and other DoTs. It even removes the bar if it gets removed somehow, dispelled, bumped off, etc.

I agree, though, that Perfect Raid doesn't need this ability.
I agree. Chronometer does its job really good. Point being is: Chronometer also shows you when a Hot/Dot expires so its easy to time when to reapply it. Even if PRaid would show who´s got your own HoT´s.....including the time left for it would probably too much to show there, so a standalone addon for tracking Hots/Dots is imho the better solution.
Imho the key to easy healing/decursing is to arrange all necessary frames in a way that neither your mouse or your eyes have to move across the whole screen all the time.
Here´s a screenie from tonight´s raid:

As you can see, MT Targets are right above Grid. Chronometer shows up to the right of Grid, just above my own frame. This way i have all necessary information clamped together to the left of my screen. The focus frame above the MT´s ist just temporarily there...i move it all the time depending on who i monitor with it .
(And yes im obviously using Grid at the Moment because i really miss the backdrop coloring for debuffs from the old PRaid ).

Last edited by Catharr : 01-05-07 at 05:27 PM.
01-06-07, 12:07 PM   #146
dedbadja
A Defias Bandit
hey.

my friend suggested PerfectRaid yesterday so i downloaded it, i used sraidframes before and i can say that i love it ;>

works perfect by me except some command issues. i tried to use the commands given on the wowace site but none of them worked. why not? there were 2 dependencies listed - i downloaded and installed both.

looking forward to your answer.
01-06-07, 12:17 PM   #147
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
There are no Dependencies for PerfectRaid.
PerfectRaid is not an Ace addon, so you shouldn't use that site as reference

You should always download and reference WoWInterface.com, its the only place to get PerfectRaid.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-06-07, 02:40 PM   #148
Magyar
A Kobold Labourer
Cladhaire,

Long time user, first time poster. Count me among the many who found alternative raid frames inadequate (to the point where I actually didn't use any raid frames until the 2.0 version was released; thank god my main isn't a healer).

I'm sure more options for visual customization will come in future patches, but once I found out to adjust the scale I was happy.

Kudos for the super-flexible buff/debuff system. My main is a warlock that doesn't get many options by default, but because I'm nosy about what's happening to who, I ended up adding a bunch. Next time we fight Maexxna I'll know exactly whether the MT has Abolish Poison and all his HoTs.

One suggestion for your next patch: Add "Soulstone Resurrection" as a default buff for warlocks. It took about 30 seconds to add manually, but being able to tell at a glance whether a soulstone is up, and who its on is invaluable.

Edit: Nice interface Catharr. Relatively uncluttered, and it has a visual consistency thats rare in UIs with multiple competing mods. Well done.

Chris

Last edited by Magyar : 01-06-07 at 02:43 PM.
01-06-07, 03:42 PM   #149
NLO
A Fallenroot Satyr

Hey Clad! Great work on this mod. It's great.
I'm not sure where to write requests nor do I know whether it's already been asked, but, nevermind - here it is:
I'm not sure, but I think you wrote somewhere that you'll make PerfectRaid appear as party frames too. (?)
If that is indeed the case, will it be possible to make PerfectRaids party frames appear on a different location than the raid frames?
Thanks and keep up the good work.
01-06-07, 08:27 PM   #150
raziel666
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

can some1 tell me what lines shall i change in .lua file to see mana bars under hp bars? and if it is possible i want them to be small ( in high i mean)so for example hp bar is 1 cm high and 5 cm long i want mana bar to be 0,2-0,3 cm hight and same long......wierd sayed by hope u now what i mean ;p
01-06-07, 08:57 PM   #151
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by raziel666
can some1 tell me what lines shall i change in .lua file to see mana bars under hp bars? and if it is possible i want them to be small ( in high i mean)so for example hp bar is 1 cm high and 5 cm long i want mana bar to be 0,2-0,3 cm hight and same long......wierd sayed by hope u now what i mean ;p
Please check out the FAQ, which outlines a lot of these questions. That's over here You can change the size of the mana bars by editing the height.
01-07-07, 09:39 AM   #152
shadmar
A Murloc Raider
HoT tracking for PerfectRaid
===================

I have small modification for tracking YOUR HoTs in PerfectRaid 0.1.3beta, I also have written a smililar statsmodule for Grid.
It will track your own HoT with its own statustext/color like this : MyRn as its own status

You can also specify displaytext and color for this :

It will be 99,9% accurate, but not 100, its because if your target has 3 hots running and only your hot gets dispelled, there is no way to track this. If all gets dispelled status is lost and will be correct.

So how is it done :
=============
Well when you cast your HoT UNIT_SPELLCAST_SENT and UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEED is fired. This way we can time each HoT coming from you (renew=15sec, rejuv=12sec, regrowth=21sec)

If any1 is interesed in the changes let me know and I can post it, I also hope maybe Clad will consider implementing
I took some changes in the PerfectRaid_buffs.lua file to do this
01-07-07, 10:25 AM   #153
Ceph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well.... sounds nice
01-07-07, 11:33 AM   #154
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by shadmar
HoT tracking for PerfectRaid
===================

I have small modification for tracking YOUR HoTs in PerfectRaid 0.1.3beta, I also have written a smililar statsmodule for Grid.
It will track your own HoT with its own statustext/color like this : MyRn as its own status

You can also specify displaytext and color for this :

It will be 99,9% accurate, but not 100, its because if your target has 3 hots running and only your hot gets dispelled, there is no way to track this. If all gets dispelled status is lost and will be correct.

So how is it done :
=============
Well when you cast your HoT UNIT_SPELLCAST_SENT and UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEED is fired. This way we can time each HoT coming from you (renew=15sec, rejuv=12sec, regrowth=21sec)

If any1 is interesed in the changes let me know and I can post it, I also hope maybe Clad will consider implementing
I took some changes in the PerfectRaid_buffs.lua file to do this
If you're going to write this, I ask that you do not distribute anything. Having multiple versinos of the same mod is a complete and utter nightmare. I will accept a diff, and I'll review the code, and potentially integrate it into the system.
01-07-07, 12:02 PM   #155
shadmar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
If you're going to write this, I ask that you do not distribute anything. Having multiple versinos of the same mod is a complete and utter nightmare. I will accept a diff, and I'll review the code, and potentially integrate it into the system.
Ok thanks for saying, I already wrote it. I'm sorry if you got me wrong, I wouldn't copy your mod by all means and redistribute But I was going to upload the modified perfectraid_buffs.lua file, before I read your comment.

Anyway here is the code changed in perfectraid_buffs.lua :

EDIT:
emailed to clad.

Last edited by shadmar : 01-07-07 at 12:16 PM.
01-07-07, 12:07 PM   #156
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thats what I was afraid of, its not very clean, but still possible. Could you please remove that from your post, and email me directly and I'll figure out if where when why I want to do it? Thanks.
01-07-07, 12:23 PM   #157
shadmar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Thats what I was afraid of, its not very clean, but still possible. Could you please remove that from your post, and email me directly and I'll figure out if where when why I want to do it? Thanks.
Deleted and emailed as you requested.
01-07-07, 03:28 PM   #158
Aznamir
A Fallenroot Satyr

Bug with r69:
Upon zoning into AV I'm getting the following error:

PerfectRaid.lua:323: attempt to call method 'SetText' (a nil value)
01-07-07, 06:32 PM   #159
raziel666
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

hey there. its me again ;p
today ive read a FAQ and it helped me a lot
still gto some issues
after changing .lua file i run to ab to test it. but it looked like this

as u can see its partially good. group1 was left for some reason and it mess up whole effect? what i did wrong?
i only added those lines for each class before "end" in selcted place
( dont bother mana bars. i set them to 1 on purpose ;p)
also would like to know what to do to remove those group headers names ( group 1, rogues, hunters etc ) since i already know them by class color, just remove group headers names
my lua file --> http://www.sendspace.com/file/ay1lu3
01-08-07, 01:01 AM   #160
ikonfokkah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you for finally giving my raid UI back :P Cant stand anything else than Perfectraid.

Ive noticed something which is different from the old version: the debuffs are no longer "highlighted" with the black frame around the playernames. Is this due to not being implemented yet or is this something we wont see again in praid? I loved that function!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help