05-19-07, 01:55 AM   #1
darkk
A Kobold Labourer
Changing In-game player model

Hey guys,
I've heard and seen about somkind of modifacation that swithes the playermodel (so basically changes race of the player). In this case I saw a vid were a Human switches to and undead model (and not norfogger elixier :/). If any one knows how to do this or somthing of thsi sort I would be very thank full
05-19-07, 01:58 AM   #2
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
This is against the Blizzard TOS...

Though I would like it NOT TO BE... Mmm...

I've tried, its more complicated to do it now. Before, you had to get the files for the model you wanted, and put them into the specific folder within the Data folder so that it changes ok. But they changed the ways that the Data folder works now.

Or something like that.

05-19-07, 03:01 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
to change the character models, you have to hack the .mpq files, which against the WoW ToS. It used to be much easier, however as of patch 1.10 that "feature" was removed. The biggest gripe that Blizzard had with this "feature" is that players where using the loophole to exploit (the infamous BoxHerbs mod is an example) giving said players an unfair advantage over unmodded players.

If you try to change character models now, you run the risk of Warden detecting the changes you made to the data files and thus flag you.

And then you stand the risk of being one shotted by the Blizzard Banhammer of Doom which there is no rezzing from. And Blizzard does go through and ban people as they have made us very aware of.
05-21-07, 03:20 AM   #4
slice3
A Cliff Giant

sad but true, also i saw a human caracter that was from alliance who switched to skeleton and after that he switched from alliance to horde and suddenly attacked me. how is possible to made these kind of changes and be not illegal? i don't want to do nothing same, but in my hurry to escape, i forgot to catch his ID and report him.
05-21-07, 03:47 AM   #5
raziel666
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

lol
model changing is suthing u do on ur wow client, so it IMPOSSIBLE to you to see changes that another player made on his client . such changes can only be seen by YOU ! on YOUR computer

btw. skeletonm then horde , i bet it was noggenfogger + orb of deception

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Changing In-game player model