11-28-09, 04:26 PM   #1
CyberEvil
A Murloc Raider
Normal map: Zoom Out

Hi all,

I love Carbonite, and all its features, but I couldn't find out a way to prevent it to move me to the current location on the normal map, if I zoom out. If I open the normal map, right click on it, it will zoom out for 2 seconds, then put me back where I'm standing at.

Is there a way to avoid this behavior?

Thanks.

11-30-09, 02:34 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Don't know what you mean by normal map, but you can turn of auto zooming by unchecking the "Auto Scale" button in the top right corner of the map window.

11-30-09, 09:52 AM   #3
CyberEvil
A Murloc Raider
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

I've made a short video that will show what I'm trying to explain:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71797/WOW/Carbonite.avi

About the video, you'll see first I try opening Alphamap, and I *can't* zoom out at all. Then, I open Blizzard's map (my issue) and it zooms out if I right click, but only for a couple of seconds, then it comes back to the zone I'm standing at. Then, opened Carbonite map, which allows me to zoom out normally using the scroll.

The problem I have, about zooming out the normal (Blizzard) map, only happens if I enable Carbonite (tried disabling all addons, until found this).

Thanks!

12-03-09, 05:31 AM   #4
CyberEvil
A Murloc Raider
Any ideas?

Thanks!

12-06-09, 11:42 AM   #5
CyberEvil
A Murloc Raider
If there's no way to fix this behavior, could you please tell me how to disable Carbonite but retain the "punks" feature?

Thanks.

12-06-09, 12:11 PM   #6
Akryn
A Firelord
I don't use Carbonite but since no one seems to know...it sounds like it's just calling SetMapToCurrentZone really frequently. Maybe try:

Code:
/run local n,t=SetMapToCurrentZone,time();SetMapToCurrentZone=function(...)if debugstack():find("Carbonite")then if time()-t<240 then return else t=time;end;end;n(...)end

12-08-09, 02:06 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you tried disabling Alpha map? I have never tried to use them together. It and Carbonite may be conflicting with each other. Using multiple map addons can often lead to conflicts in selecting the map zone, since it is a global game setting.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Normal map: Zoom Out