02-01-07, 01:55 AM   #1001
Moontayle
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
The next version will probably the last one I release to the beta group before I post it publically.
This is excellent news. Here's hoping we see it before my vacation is up! (I start in the morning, 2 weeks)

02-01-07, 09:52 AM   #1002
Sentius
A Murloc Raider
Just wanted to say you're doing a Great Job Mazzle! I know we are all looking forwards to the release! Some more anxious than others. =p

Best of luck in getting it done sooner than later. =)

02-01-07, 11:11 AM   #1003
Lyc
A Fallenroot Satyr
i guess im excited. ill probly be in denial when i hear its out. then see it in action and finally understand.....ive been mazzified

02-01-07, 11:51 AM   #1004
Sentius
A Murloc Raider
I haven't seen the UI in action, just the pics form the download page... Already been Mazzlefied! LoL Can't wait!

02-01-07, 12:05 PM   #1005
Gemminie
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by coniferous
Heres a question i've been meaning to ask for a while - Was click casting nixed when 2.0 came out? I was looking forward to trying it out.
This thread about click casting is stickied on the WoW UI & Macros Forum:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...34204739&sid=1

Maybe that'll tell you what you need to know.

02-01-07, 01:48 PM   #1006
Sellissa
A Kobold Labourer
Talking

Can we please get a current ETA?

02-01-07, 02:01 PM   #1007
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
dude read the posts he just gave you one 12 hours ago.

02-01-07, 02:14 PM   #1008
Ilindinia
A Defias Bandit

I have a question that don't let me sleep at night:

-How many addons of the UI you think they will run on the spanish client?

02-01-07, 02:17 PM   #1009
Chimera_2001
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Sellissa
Can we please get a current ETA?
"It'll be done when it's done"

As it says in previous posts, if Mazzle said "it will be done on saturday" you can guarantee that something will happen to delay the release & that will of course spark a bunch of whine threads from people that can't appreciate that Mazzle & co are doing a massive amount of unpaid work (aside from the odd donation) for the benefit of the whole WoW community.

Having used the UI previously, I guarantee it will be well worth the wait

Last edited by Chimera_2001 : 02-01-07 at 02:20 PM.

02-01-07, 03:35 PM   #1010
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Gemminie
This thread about click casting is stickied on the WoW UI & Macros Forum:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...34204739&sid=1

Maybe that'll tell you what you need to know.
that was really informative, thank you!

02-02-07, 03:53 AM   #1011
Nomard
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is it possible to get a preveiw-screenshot of all the different classes to see how it will be set up?

02-02-07, 09:13 AM   #1012
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
That would be alot of screenshots.... Each class or character has its own individual settings that you choose during the initial setup of the UI. The Mazzifier asks you questions and you answer and based on those including what button layout you want to use it sets it all up.

If you choose a pre-setup layout for a class say Mazzle's mage layout then it populates the buttons with pre-selected spells/actions. There is also a layout just for those that want to place and add to their own needs/wants.

Another thing to keep in mind is that each pre-setup layout is designed with the mindset that you are of higher level ( since some spells/actions that are placed you wont get until higher levels ) so make sure you think about that while chooising a layout/config while in the Mazzifier.

So I guess to answer the post on screenshots is that there are way to many variations to consider for each individuals layout and to post that individuals screenshot wouldnt be the exact layout that is presented when say YOU Mazzify...

02-02-07, 09:19 AM   #1013
Sentius
A Murloc Raider
Wow! That will be nice. A UI that you pretty much install, answer a few questions then go! I have a level 61 mage, so it'll be nice to have a nice layout already setup... Just a matter of changing some spells around I suppose!

I'm getting more and more exctied every time I come to this foum! Keep up the AMAZING work Mazzle! And a thanks to all the Beta Testers too, with you guys... We'd never have an awsome UI! "You've made a believer out of me!" The Oracle

----

I've been Mazzlefied! =)

02-02-07, 09:46 AM   #1014
diveX
A Fallenroot Satyr
Short Question, is the Release of Mazzle UI this Year
or next Year?
This long waittime everytime sux

02-02-07, 10:21 AM   #1015
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
If you read back some posts you will see that Mazz has posted that he can see the light at the end of the tunnel.. I think thats about as good as it gets for an ETA.

I want to point out something.. when this UI gets released it doesn't end for Mazz with constant changing Add-ons that need updates and with every Blizzard patch that changes a way this or that calls on something or is protected.

Now that being said the UI will be released as functional and working as is humanly ( or Gnomishly ) possible for the versions and patches that are released now. Mazz is in the process of updating the FAQ's and creating/fixing/adding interface items for / ( slash ) commands for addons among the million other things he has on a " To-Do " list.. lol..

02-02-07, 11:22 AM   #1016
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kierrkian
If you read back some posts you will see that Mazz has posted that he can see the light at the end of the tunnel..
That light is often a train

02-02-07, 01:58 PM   #1017
Darxon
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
cant keep quiet anymore ^^ !

The Ui is done when ist done , it wont speed it up to ask for an eta every 5 mins or so

so do as me, check owinterface.com everayday a day instead

02-02-07, 02:40 PM   #1018
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Patience is a virtue

First, a thank you to Sentius for his enthusiasm and recognition of all the work Mazzlefizz, TigerHeart and us beta-testers do.
(Personally, i've put in an extra 40 hour week this since December examining things, trying out my alts, rebooting, doing split-half searches and testing newer internal addon releases to improve my MacBook stability. Lady Mortlach has put it a few hours as well.)
Thanks and enthusiasm (and a stray pizza for Mazzlefizz) are appreciated and encouraged!

Complaints about why something takes so long (not you, Sentius!) do nothing but steal energy from the effort everyone's making. I promise you that literally thousands of hours of effort have gone on from the addon authors, lib authors, beta testers and Mazzlefizz herself. If you can't conceive of the effort, go learn how to be patient before you utter a non-constructive complaint.

Constructive criticism is usually welcome, but I think you have to win into the beta group to do that and I'm certain Mazzlefizz full up on all the testers she needs.. or we testers are full of...

Never mind! <Grin>

It's getting closer each day..... In time, loyal fans, in time, our Mazzlefizz will mazzledazzle us all!

--Mort

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde

02-02-07, 02:43 PM   #1019
stim216
A Defias Bandit
You know. .. .
People are very impatient and ask for a eta, make jokes ect. It can be annoying .
But for every 1 of those posts theres 3 of people telling them to stop asking or saying 'It'll be done when its done' and that is twice as annoying.
Just my $0.02.

also

Great job on your ui mazzle! I ran it pre-patch and I can't wait for the new one to come out! I just hope that I dont grow to love my hodgepodge ui that has taken mazzle's place!

02-02-07, 03:30 PM   #1020
Sentius
A Murloc Raider
I just want to thank you Mortlach for the compliment. I understand how difficult programming and debugging this kind of stuff can be. It's difficult to begin with, but then switch characters, and different setups... Really can play with one's mind... Soon all you see is the code... (Why am I thinking Matrix today... )

Keep up the great work, and for everyone else asking... Simply put, Please stop.

That is all...

Cheers everyone! Good fortunes and safe travels to you all...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI