03-19-07, 09:49 AM   #1
Lodii
A Defias Bandit
Cool Another newb in need of assistance = )

Greetings !!
I have looked and looked, not only here, but other sites as well ( this being THE best, by far ! = ) ) for a couple mods that will 1. take my character out of combat temporarily
when an item of armor procs and 2. swap out trinkets as they are needed. Maybe I looked in the wrong places for these, and if so I do apologize for that. Can anyone help please ?
Thank you in advance !!
03-19-07, 10:17 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No mods that I know of can take you out of combat.... Some classes have abilities that can take them out of combat (feign, vanish, invisibility...) so maybe if you have one of those abilities.... But even then, the mod can't do it for your automatically when an event triggers, due to limitations in the API. Best it could do is notify you and have you tell it to do it.

As for swapping Trinkets, have a look at TrinketMenu by Gello. Even has queuing, for when you remember you want to swap trinkets in combat- it will do it when you exit.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-19-07, 10:37 PM   #3
Lodii
A Defias Bandit
Cool

WOW !! That was fast...lol. Thank you very much Seerah.
The item of armor I was talking about is Green Whelp Armor for my rogue...I love the proc on it, put's em to sleep for 10 seconds, IF I don't hit them, the only problem is that by the time I see and/or hear that they have been put to sleep there's already another hit on the way. Maybe a macro might do this? I know next to nothing about macros, but maybe it's possible, I don't know.
Anyway, thanks again, I will look for that trinketmenu asap.
03-19-07, 10:43 PM   #4
Innomin8
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can't be done.

The best you can do is put it in as a suggestion the WoW Suggestions forum that it should stop attacks, like Gouge does.
03-20-07, 03:28 AM   #5
Slipshadow
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
You can install SCT & SCTD (Scrolling Combat Text) and/or Power Aura's

Both of these mods could be configured to give you an instant warning when the green whelp armor proc's, you will still have to manually turn off auto attack. But at least the warning would be instant, rather than how it is now.

P.S. with SCT you need SCTD as well, im pretty sure its SCTD that allows you to add custom events. And SCTD wont opperate without SCT, so you need them both.

PowerAuras
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...owerAuras.html

SCT
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=3965

SCTD
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4913

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Another newb in need of assistance = )