09-26-08, 01:38 PM   #1
Truffled
A Defias Bandit
Discord Unit Frames

Wasn't sure if I should title this Discord or X-Perl...

Here is my situation. I really like X-Perl, so I'd like to use it instead of Discord. I tried to just turn off Discord and turn on X-Perl, but disabling Discord totally messed with the Mazzle UI. The bar graphic went bye bye and everything just didn't look right. So what I did instead is just "hid" all of Discords frames. I'd rather not have two Unit Frame mods running at the same time. This just feels really ... clunky.

Is there anyway to turn off Discord and not have it mess with the rest of Mazzle?

Any help would be appreciated.

Editing to add: Also, hiding all of the DUF frames is time consuming. I tried to just hit hide on the main frame, but if you don't go in and hide every aspect of every frame, it can creep back up on you. For example, when playing a pet, when he targets something it automatically makes his target my target and brings back the target DUF frame, even tho I have it hid. Also, is there a way to copy settings from one user to another, so I don't have to hide on EVERY character. ( I saw a copy from one set to another, but not character. (meaning from player to target, but not load so and so's settings.)) Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Last edited by Truffled : 09-26-08 at 01:51 PM.
09-26-08, 02:27 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not really, Discord is a integral part of Mazzle UI. If you don't need any of the fancy stuff, the background graphics can be exported and used with another mod like kgPanels. However then the Mazzilfier will not work and you are left with your basic UI pack.
09-26-08, 02:41 PM   #3
Truffled
A Defias Bandit
After playing around, that is sorta what I thought...

Ah well, I'll just keep playing with it till I get it how I like it.

Oh, and I found the create a profile for DUF.

Edited to add: Okay, I thought I had it fixed. I have EVERY element of DUF hidden, yet when my pet attacks a target I still get the middle targeting windown with the 3d model in it. There is no information on the window cause it is all turned off, but the window still pops up. Is there a way to turn the middle window off?

Edited again to add: Okay, I almost have it. I removed the Floating Cave from the Skin file and that fixed that, but the 3d model is still there. What addon controls the 3d models? Only the one in the target area is there, all the others are hidden.

Last edited by Truffled : 09-26-08 at 02:59 PM.
09-26-08, 03:17 PM   #4
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Mazzle is only modular to a point. It has a concrete dependency on DUF and Bongos, iirc. The base UI is integrated into them.

The 3d models are built into the MazzleUI code itself, they aren't an external mod.
09-26-08, 03:18 PM   #5
Truffled
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH View Post
Mazzle is only modular to a point. It has a concrete dependency on DUF and Bongos, iirc. The base UI is integrated into them.

The 3d models are built into the MazzleUI code itself, they aren't an external mod.
Yup, after doing a bit of searching I found this out myself. Guess I'm going to have to learn to love Discord, or not use Mazzle. I just really don't like how the bars go up, but the interface for messing with Discord.... makes me sad. I can't figure anything out in it.

Edited to add: Alright, so after all that I'm going to try to get Discord a try. Does anyone know of a good walkthrough for the mod? Or can tell me how to get the frames to all look like the player frame?

Last edited by Truffled : 09-26-08 at 03:33 PM.
09-26-08, 10:01 PM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

http://worldofmodcraft.com

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Discord Unit Frames