05-05-08, 03:42 PM   #1
pibb
A Defias Bandit
aura chat spam mod

i've been looking for a mod that will spam chat (/say, /yell, /party, /guild, /raid) with a custom message when certain buffs/debuffs are gained on either my own or someone elses character. the only mod ive seen come close is rabbits AuraToChat mod. instead of it spamming to /say or /party, it lists the changes in the main chat window where it is only visible to myself.

i love how that AuraToChat mod lets me tell it which buffs to watch for, but only wish there were more options on where to get the notifications instead of putting it in raidwarning or in popup windows.
05-05-08, 03:53 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Why?

To be quite frank, most mods of that type are very annoying to those who are in your party or raid. I have run into people with mods of that type and I have had to put them on my ignore list as my chat log was getting rather spammed.
05-05-08, 04:02 PM   #3
pibb
A Defias Bandit
its for amusement/research. some friends and i would like to see this done to gauge the amount of proc bonuses we receive in combat. (trinket bonus dmg procs, mongoose, etc...) its not something i would use randomly if i wasnt already aware that people didnt want to see the spam. most of the time when we are in groups we are talking on vent and only use chat to link items to each other so its not like the "spam" will bother us at all.

oh and if you say youve seen mods like this can you please share a link with me? id love to test it out.

Last edited by pibb : 05-05-08 at 04:10 PM.
05-05-08, 05:51 PM   #4
mulesh
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ChatterBox can send chat messages for almost anything.
05-05-08, 06:13 PM   #5
pibb
A Defias Bandit
thanks dude im checking it out now

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » aura chat spam mod