11-03-08, 08:11 AM   #1
HyperGig
A Cyclonian
Best Way to Save Form Location?

Hello, I'm writing my first mod and I'm just about done but have one last thing to do, keeping the form location. I have seen it done a few ways but I figure I ask what other people do. Do I just hold the loc in a saved variable or is there a better way to do this?

THANKS IN ADVANCED!!
11-03-08, 11:05 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Form location? Do you mean frame?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-03-08, 11:58 AM   #3
HyperGig
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Form location? Do you mean frame?
Yeah sorry Seerah, i mean the frame. I'm just use to calling it a form but its really referred to as a frame.
11-03-08, 12:06 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Depending on how your frame is set up to mova/stop moving, it may be saved to layout-cache.txt by the game. But that is not always reliable. Best way is to save the location to a variable and reinstate that location at next login.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-03-08, 12:27 PM   #5
HyperGig
A Cyclonian
Yeah i was wondering what needed to get done for the location to be saved in the layout-cache file but i will just use a saved variable.

Thanks!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Best Way to Save Form Location?